Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff My Poor Boy

This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Just so you know, this is about poop, so don't read if you are easily grossed out!
      My poor Owen is not doing well. It all started, I think, in the beginning of July: the school called me and said that he was sick with diarrhea. It lasted for about three days before it got better, so I didn't take him to the doc. I know it was a stomach bug of some kind because it got nearly everyone in the house. Ever since then, he has had some bouts of diarrhea, but every time I was considering taking him in, he seemed to be getting better, so I didn't until yesterday. Luckily, I we have a great pediatrician- what I love about he most is that she has an interest in special-needs children, so she never dismisses my conces. When we went in yesterday, she agreed that this has gone on too long, so she ordered an array of blood tests and tests for stool samples, and an x-ray.

So we did the x-ray first, then went for the blood tests, which didn't work because NO ONE, EVER can find a vein on this kid. And, I have to collect the stool samples today. The doc called with the results of the x-ray, and he is really, really backed up, with a possible obstruction. So, he will be on Miralax cocktails for 48 hours. (Poop fest at my house.)
      He seems very miserable, and there is a possible terrible side effect from all of this- I think his seizure meds have not been absorbed properly. That's why we have to do the blood tests. For the past month, his behavior has been very violent, and he's not sleeping, so this is most likely the case.
      Hopefully, everything will be back to normal soon for my little man.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Oh, Rae, poor Owen!!!!!!
        And poor you and the poopfest…
        Hoping hard that the Miralax will do the trick and that he'll be better in a day or two. It's horrible about the meds not absorbing, he must be suffering terribly.
        {{{HUGS}}} for both of you.
        (Is Elijah behaving enough to let you care for Owen?)

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Rae, Hopefully your little man will get better soon…

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

OH, how awful for you and Owen. Hopfully the Miralax will work and it won't be anything more serious

{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Poor Owen, hope the miralax works for him.

oy, I hope he is doing better soon. Poor guy.

Oh gosh! I hope things improve soon! Poor Owen and Poor you!

Poor kid! Yeah, pour in the electrolytes! I hope he feels better soon!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Poor guy, hope he is feeling better soon!

Poor baby. I hope the Miralax works it's wonders. I am sure that because of the disruption of his digestive system, he is miserable. A poop fest wont be so bad if it makes him feel better…Hope he gets better soon.

Praying first for Owen….and next for you, Rae. I hope everything gets back to normal very soon….Poor little guy!!!

Ohhhh Poor Owen!!! I hope the Miralax will work for him, and that he will feel better soon. And Big hugs to you Rae.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Rae, how's Owen feeling?

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Thanks for all of your support, ladies. Owen is on his last day of laxatives for three times a day. It's exhausting for both of us. Hopefully, it's doing the trick so he will be more comfortable and back to himself.
                    And, the rest of this is about me, because I am selfish, but FLIP. Yesterday, Elijah discovered that he could stick his hand down his throat, so with everything else going on, now baby is throwing up too. And, he even did it in the car when I went to pick up Audra from school. What a drag to clean the car seat too.
                    And, I had other irritations yesterday too. Last night, I got to sit in my scrap area for the first time in days, I'm working on a canvas, when the overhead light bulb in the ceiling fan flippin' shatters all over me, my canvas, and the floor. I cut my foot trying to get up, but I can't clean it up because it's dark now with no light! So, I'll have to do it this moing when Elijah hopefully takes a nap. The vaccuum cleaner is broke too. WAAAAAHHHHH.
                    And, I had a spider incident yesterday. I HATE spiders. I bought some mini grapes in a plastic container, and I was feeding some to the baby, and out of the coer of my eye, I see the stems moving- NO, there were a bunch of white spiders crawling in the grapes- YUCK. My nerves are shot!
                    Someone call the Wambulance, right?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.