Home Forums Scrap Chat Scrappy Spaces My preferred scrap space

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I scrap on the kitchen table – BY CHOICE! This is actually my second scrap space LOL. I have a HUGE craft room downstairs with cabinetry, a sink, bar fridge, large table, huge windows and my hubby even painted it a soft yellow for me! I use that room to do messy kids crafts because I run before and after school care. I'll admit I do have a big dresser full of stuff in the downstairs craft room too (more papers and embellies) – can't fit everything into that small space after all! Oh and that Stickles/Liquid Pearls holder sitting on top of the plastic drawers? That was custom made by hubby for my birthday (he's so awesome!).

I also like to be near my TV! My kitchen nook is open to my living room, pictured below. My hubby and I can enjoy some down time after the kids go to bed and watch a show or movie while I scrap. Maybe that's why I'm such a slow scrapper! So, now I keep paper and scrap kits in my dining cabinet and have traded my bar stools for plastic containers for inks, tools and embellies. Silly isn't it? I don't own a die cutting or sewing machine and my paper cutter is on top of the wood cabinet (away from the small people in my house). My husband hates looking at my stuff while we eat but he does like having me closer to him while I scrap (the wine is nice and close too, LOL).

[img:width=295&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1327091928_1015_FT0_scrap_space.jpg[/img]
    [img:width=400&height=252]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1327091928_1015_FT0_living_room.jpg[/img]

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

very nice..Please show pics of the downstairs

I will when I clean it up LOL

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I scrap at night while DH and I watch TV, too. I can't sit still for that long without my hands being busy, so your solution totally makes sense. A couple of years ago my husband moved his office into my scraproom so that we could spend more time together, and I wouldn't change the arrangement.

Your secondary scrappy space looks great – lots of natural light, tidy, and I love that the wine is within easy reach.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Love it!!!! I think that's cute that you use your dining room even though you have a craft room. Can hardly wait to see the one downstairs!

I will when I clean it up LOL

Ummm.Have you seen the before pics of some of our Swirly Girlies???!!! Don't look at me, I couldn't do it!! I also have a wonderful studio, but since grandpa moved in with us, I tend to scrap outside my room. I have set up a scrap as you go tote and usually scrap while in the family room with my husband and grandpa. I feel guilty during the day if I am locked in my studio all day while grandpa is sitting out here alone. I would much rather be in my studio where everything is at an arms length, but a run to the room now and then isn't bad.

I love your space.

Snagg1
            Send PM

I love how beautiful your space is! Your down stairs craft room sounds like a haven to me!!

I can't believe you don't own a Cuttlebug? OMW We are going to have to change that. LOL

How much would your hubby charge to make another one of those stickles holder-thingy? LOL

BTW – I bring my wine upstairs when I work. LOL

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Vicky, that looks so pretty and serene….
              As far as clutter, do you realize who you're talking to? We THRIVE on clutter, LOL!!!

Clutter??? Where? I didn't see any clutter….Your ScrappySpace is so neat and tidy….Beautiful space. TFS!

All the clutter is downstairs in the craft room – where I don't scrap, LOL

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.