Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Anatomy of a Layout Mystical Winter Layout – HELP!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I just tried my hand at the beautiful January Mystical Winter LO & I need math help!! For the gutting out the papers process — For the first pp, I cut out the 11×11 center, this left a narrow 1/2 frame…then I cut away 1.5 on all four side for the 2nd pp — this left me with a 9 square that is obviously too small to layer on top of my 11 cut out — what point am I missing.

hmmm….Ang may know the answer here. Or, there's a typo in the measurements. What you can do to save this is use the 11 x 11 and mount it on a cardstock background. Then layer the 9 x 9 on top of it. If you feel brave enough you could cut an 8 x 8 square out of the middle of the 11 x 11 so you can use it for other things.

Maybe it was supposed to be .5 inch off of each side of the second paper?

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Looks like you're right about a typo, Jan. But .5 would make another 11 square. Maybe Ang meant 1.0 inches for a 10 square?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Hi Deb, I think what you have to do is actually cut out a 10 inch square from the middle of the first 12×12 piece. So You would measure in towards the middle 1 from each side to cut the center out. On your second sheet of paper (which will go on top of the first one) you will then cut a ½ from each side off of of the paper which then gives you a 11 square. Then when you laid that piece on top of the first piece you would have a ½ border around that piece. Does that make sense – or have I confused you even more, lol.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Deb, I did this layout with these Bo Bunny papers last night, using the cutting that I mentioned above and it worked out okay. This is a photo of my son taken last weekend while they were up at Whistler Mountain (where they had the Olympics in 2010) snowmobiling.

[img:width=600&height=594]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1330901910_1061_FT146084_chris-whistler_.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
            Send PM

Ohh,this came out gorgeous!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Looks wonderful Steph!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Thanks, Steph!!!
                BTW, that LO is gorgeous!!!!

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!

Steph, I tried it again w/your measurements and it worked out great!! And your LO is lovely. I'm going to get some type of butterfly die w/i the next few days & then I'll be on my way :0). Thanks so much again to all of you! Deb.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Oh crap! Let me go see what I did wrong!! BRB!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I'm sooo sorry!!! It's cut 1/2 and inch from the second paper. I went ahead and fixed it!!!

Thank you for helping out girls!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Thanks for all of your comments ladies! 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.