Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Need some advice

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I'm been doing some layouts to be sent in for the featured artist spotlight at SN&R's August edition. I just finished this one today which is quite different than what I normally do in that I used some mixed media. I picked this up at Micheal's while I was down on the mainland, it's like Gesso only it has all these flakes in it. I have to thank Paulien for getting me interested in using this type of stuff! So I added some Rangers ink Stream and Denim to this and I thought with the flakes it would kind of give an effect of little whitecaps (waves) in the water and then I used the burlap as my beach and put some of the blue gesso stuff on that for little tide pools on the beach. I did some fussy cutting of the lighthouse from Websters Yacht Club collection. So my question is Do you think this is good enough to be one of the layouts I send in or maybe it's okay but not for publishing. Thanks so much for your help in this decision! 🙂
      [img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1342232316_1061_FT0_treasures_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I think it's gorgeous and different – it highlights your personal style. I'd definitely send it in.

(And by the way, pick up some Glass Beads Gel next time – that stuff's amazing!)

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Very cool Steph !!!

I think it's very pretty and well balanced… and love the technique stuff. I'm a bling person so my only advice is for myself I would add pearls/gems in with the sea treasures – but that's me (not necessary – just my style).

I love it, and yes, I would send it in. Like Vicky suggested, tuck in a few more items into your coer.

I agree with all the above.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thanks so much ladies.

Jackie that's funny that you should mention the glass bead Gel – that's actually what I went to Micheal's for and then saw this stuff and decided to try that instead. I'll definitely grab some of the bead gel next time I'm on the mainland.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Gorgeous LO! I love all of the mixed media on it and the pearls on the net would look awesome.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Definitely enter it. I love all the mixed media things…I love that you thought out of the box….

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Steph, that is just gorgeous!!!!! Your mixed media, your burlap and netting are a perfect contrast to the Websters!!

This is fantastic, Steph! Love all the texture you added to this!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

It's fabulous!!

i love it!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Okay so added some pearls and added Sea to my title and took away one of the butterflies and added seagulls instead. I think I need to take another photo of this layout my background paper looks blue when it's actually a cream color.
                    [img:width=600&height=589]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1342468842_1061_FT164902_treasures_.jpg[/img]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.