Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Prayer Requests Need some positive thoughts and prayers for tomorrow

This topic contains 36 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hi ladies! I've got a doozie of a whopper of a pain in the ass ordeal going on here and I sure could use a prayer or two if you have a moment alone with the Big Guy =o(

This is a long one, so grab a cuppa somethin strong.

Since day one of Mason's first grade year we have had NOTHING but problems with the school not keeping up their end of the deal where Mason is conceed. He is on an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) wherein he is supposed to receive an agreed upon set of services and supports from the school. They've failed him in every way. 

• Therapies not given when they were supposed to be
      • SEVERE lack of supervision resulting in my son being harrassed, bullied, hurt, etc
      • Support not given in the classroom when clearly  needed resulting in Mason becoming the weird kid in class in the eyes of his classmates, decreased involvement in class, and a severe decrease in desire to lea.
      • School employees lying on his daily books about him having an aide with him during lunches (and other specific times of day) yet when I arrive unannounced those aides are not present
      • Mason has come home with muddy boot prints on his back and butt and says kids knocked him down and walked on him
      • Mason (who is only partially verbal) has told us 5 times now he has been physcially hit, kicked, or thrown by his peers
      • Mason repeatedly tells us he is afraid at school because friends are mean to him
      • Mason has started tuing back in toward the safety of his autistic world. He began to lose eye contact, lose speech, he started stemming by rocking, and sits in a bean bag chair in the classroom facing the coer so as not to have to engage his classmates.
      • Mason is refusing to go to recess, instead preferring to stay in his Spec Ed classroom and do work, we've even found him hiding behind a portable building laying on the ground sobbing during recess time.
      • Mason is acting up so he can get out of his general ed class and spend his time int he spec ed room
      • Mason must be dragged out of the house kicking and screaming to get him to school most moings.
      • This list goes on and on and on and I cannot possibly detail the anguish it has caused him, or the numerous incidents we've been dealing with on a weekly basis

His father and I have been walking him to his classroom every day since day one of school, and have done random spot checks on him throughout the year. The bullying behavior by one classmate in particular really began ramping up after the new year, and we were at the school 4 and 5 times a week dealing with this crap. We talked to ALL of mason's teachers and aides, we were making more and more spot checks, and making SURE he had an adult with him to the classroom every moing and at pick up every day. We were told by staff that he was being watched VERY closely in the hallways and at recess to make sure he was not being harassed. Well, that is until the principal of the school decided to BAN his father and I from the campus citing that his father got testy with him on the phone one day when discussing the fact that our son was being assaulted in his school. The Principal, we'll call him principal DICKHEAD has banned Mason's dad and myself from entering the school without prior appointments being set up. He even went so far as to have the police meet Gregg out front to enforce that we needed to drop mason off at the front door and leave. There are SO many more details to this, but I can't go into it, it's just too much to write. Well, two weeks ago, when they finally decided to ban ME from the school because of Gregg's conversation with the principal, we took the advice of our friends and family and hired an advocate who specializes in special needs children education issues. The advocate was APPALLED by what was going on and has detailed a very clear plan of attack to knock this dickhead back a few notches (and hopefully get his ass handed to him by the district). We are going in for a meeting tomorrow at 12:45 mountain time to finally try to get this asshole to stop trying to tu the focus onto us, and get it back onto Mason who is suffering immeasurably for the school's incompetance in dealing with this very serious situation.  I'm a little nervous about the meeting, and what could possibly come from it. At this point I'm just hoping and praying that I don't come over the table and shove his head up his own ass. If you could keep Mason and the meeting in your thoughts tomorrow, I would so greatly appreciate all the positive vibes we can get.

Sorry this was so long, there is so much more to it, but this is the jist of it. Thanks for letting me vent guys!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Wil do. You know if your advocate doesn't work, I know people. Principal dickhead can disappear. Give Mason big hugs from me.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

That's why I love you girl! Did I mention they were putting him in a CLOSET for time out 4 and 5 times a day? And that he was getting time out for stemming behaviors?!!?!?

(for those that don't know, stemming is an involuntary and uncontrollable behavior such as flapping, rocking, or in Mason's case – verbal stemming where he makes different sounds and screeches)

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I can't read anymore. If I do, I'll start looking for airfare.

Wow, Krissy! I soooo feel for you!! What a complete total load of crap you and Mason have been getting from that principal and every other adult in that school. My sister's youngest has Rett Syndrome and is mainstreamed into a regular classroom, so I understand the PITA that can stem from dealing with difficult teachers and principal. Lucky for my sister she hasn't been kicked out of the school (yet) but she is definitely a PITA to that principal. (insert evil grin here… that principal is a bitch of the first degree) Will keep you all in prayer tomorrow and I'll pass it along to my sister for her prayers too. I'm so glad you have an advocate to go to bat for you. I'll be looking for good news tomorrow…..

And if Kim's people don't finish the job, let me know and I'll get my people on it! ((hugs))

Oh, Krissy! I am so sorry that Mason and you are having to deal with all this! I will certainly keep you in my prayers!

What the F*** ?? He banned you guys? What is this??? What a prick!!!! Poor little Mason! God Krissy…. I'm so soooooo sorry for him. And Gregg's got testy with the guy??? How ODD!!!!!! He is only the father of the kid that's gets harrassed all the time, and seeing his son being hurt and scared, and the improvements he made in past, fading away. So why would he get testy???
            Now you and Gregg GO FOR IT and make sure that prick SHUTS the f*** UP!
            I hope he gets dismissed from his job.
            I'll be praying for you guys. Please keep us updated!
            (((HUGS)))

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Krissy, I'm so sorry that Mason, you, and Gregg are going through this. I will definitely keep a prayer going for you today!

I'm not going to even BEGIN to try to make excuses for the district. Being a public school teacher, I'm eagle eyes for bullying, harassing, and other forms of social torture – which seem to be happening with alarming frequency. The bully's parents are, no doubt, bullies themselves, so it's not a surprise where their child has leaed THIS strongest prey on the weakest survival mechanism.

What is happening to Mason is wrong. The school KNOWS it's wrong.

But – it's also possible that the school's hands are tied … either there is not funding for the aide necessary, or there's not funding for enough supervision for recess duty, or there's not funding for adequate training for every teacher in the building to understand what Mason's special needs are. It's also POSSIBLE that the bully is ALSO on an IEP – he may be emotionally disturbed, or bipolar, or … who knows what else, but you won't ever know because the privacy act prevents the school from sharing HIS disability with you.

Regular classroom teachers are WOEFULLY unprepared to tackle the needs of special IEP kids. What I get is a paper at the beginning of the school year listing what kids are on IEP's and possible accommodations that the regular classroom teacher can make to accommodate these special needs kids. When it comes to really helping and understanding the nature of an individual kids particular disability … Well, let's just say that I leaed about autism first hand only a couple of years ago when I had my first autistic child mainstreamed into my room. I was clueless – I had no experience with autism, and had not idea one what to expect either from her or from myself. I sought out her special ed teacher to get more information on exactly what to expect, and what kinds of things I needd to do to support her leaing.

This little girl bloomed in my room, and began coming into my room before school so she could touch the globe, and play with the jigsaw puzzle, and feel the interactive titles on the bulletin boards. By the end of the school year, I was getting direct eye contact and spontaneous physical touch. The first time she sought me out to tell me Good Moing, Mrs. Gent, my heart soared.

The district wasn't really supportive with helping me figure out what to do, but as I tried to help and teach this girl, I found that the special ed teachers were invaluable resources. In fact, the special ed teacher across the hall from me is at school an hour before I get there, and is there hours AFTER I leave. She pops into my room regularly, just to check on me and her kids, and see how things are going for each of them. We've become good friends because we both advocate for the special needs kids, and I've leaed that in her personal life, Marie and husband had no children. Her dedication to her job prevented her from being able to devote time to children of her own. In fact, her dedication to her job puts a major strain on her marriage because she spends so much time at work, and when she's home, her kids are in her head all the time. She never quits thinking about them. She never quits trying to find a way to help them meet the challenges of their lives head on. She never quits trying to educate ME about how to do what I need to do for them better.

My heart is breaking for your son, because I know that school CAN and SHOULD BE a warm and nurturing place where kids of all abilities and needs can find room and support to grow and thrive. In my personal opinion, special needs kids are just KIDS like everyone else. They just needs some additional, non-invasive assistance to make sure that they feel safe and can continue to BE kids.

Doesn't sound like that's going on at Mason's school – for whatever reason – and I really hope you get to the bottom of it.

Hugs to you and Gregg (and Mason, if he'll allow it).

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

A CLOSET !!! Does that not qualifiy as child abuse???????? Parents get arrested for that here in Florida. How can they tu a blind eye to the bullying???
                I know our education system stinks, govement can find $$$ for all kinds of stupid programs but not our teachers or our childrens futures (they just closed 3 schools in my county today). But to allow this mistreatment of a child to go unresoved is criminal.

I am so sorry that you and Mason are going through this. I wish there was someway to help other than the prayers (that certainly being sent to you). I don't know people but I'm willing to go in with Kim on getting them involved

Wil do. You know if your advocate doesn't work, I know people. Principal dickhead can disappear.

{{{HUGE HUGS to you and Mason}}]]

Give them HELL !!!!

My blood is boiling!!! I hope the meeting goes well for you guys. I feel for Mason, poor little guy. I hope Mr. Dickhead looses his job!!!!

That's why I love you girl! Did I mention they were putting him in a CLOSET for time out 4 and 5 times a day? And that he was getting time out for stemming behaviors?!!?!?

(for those that don't know, stemming is an involuntary and uncontrollable behavior such as flapping, rocking, or in Mason's case – verbal stemming where he makes different sounds and screeches)

Seriously??? On top of all the other failures this closet thing too? OMG I hope that principal and everyone else involved gets their ass kicked so very hard and VERY soon! Good luck with the meeting!

i really cant believe what i am reading – maybe the principal should be locked in the closet and treated like your son for one term and see how he likes it and what traumatizing effect it has on any human being. Good luck and my you and your family are in my prayers

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Krissy, I have you and Mason in my prayers! This is absolutely appalling! All the abuse that poor boy is sustaining is school is repulsive! It’s unbelievable that you banned you. They know they’re doing wrong and trying to back pedal! THE FRICKING CLOSET!! Ohhhh HEELLLLLL NO!!! This is wrong in every degree! Krissy, I am so sorry you have to go through this!! I am so upset by this, I cannot even imagine how you feel!! Hugs, my friend! Please keep us updated!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

So sorry Krissy, so sorry for your baby, that you guys have to go through this…. Kids can be cruel to other kids, but the adults are another story. Sending prayers and good thoughts to your family…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.