Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers No curls in the paper

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

I have a question!! After I get done making my own back ground or wet inking my paper always curls and I have the dangest time trying to get it to lay flat again. Is there a trick to get it flat??? Thank you….

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Lisa, after it is dried, lay your background paper under a phone book oveight to flatten. If you are in a rush though, which I am a lot, lol, cut out a piece of cardboard the size of your project, and attach your project to it. This will make your project more stable, and you can keep working on it. 🙂 If you don't want it on there permanently, use painters tape to attach it.

Hope this helps!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Lisa, I just had to redo a lo due to using mist on it and it buckled all up. believe me I had a few choice words….. ugggggggg

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

After its dry, flip it over and mist the back with a spray of water. That will straighten it out.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Yes. Mist the back of your layout with some water. That always does the trick for me.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I never thought of that!!!!! I've been attaching mine to chipboard…
              Thanks so much for the tip!!!!!

Thank you!!!! Thank you!!!! This helps a lot!! I will try it all.
              Debbie I have been cussing at mine also and have been beating them with a stick!!! So hard to get a good pic when they are curled.
              I am a happy camper!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Thanks for the tip!!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Great tips!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

I use the water spray on the back method as well but most of the time I just let it curl and I kind of like it. When I put it in an album that gets it under control.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

What fantastic tips!!! I hate my paper getting all wavy and curly. Had no idea how to stop that.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Thanks for the tips. I have combined these 2 and it works wonders!!!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I use the water spray on the back method as well but most of the time I just let it curl and I kind of like it. When I put it in an album that gets it under control.

What's an ALBUM? LOL! All of my layouts are in boxes.

LOL!!

I also spray the back of mine if it bugs me….it rarely does.

Cool, thanks for the tip!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.