Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff No Scrappy Mojo

This topic contains 49 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author

I agree with Sue. It's really fun to share your projects online, but I think somewhere along the way, a lot of people look at posting like a competition, and it really shouldn't feel that way. So you don't scrap like Gabrielle? I can't either! It doesn't mean you should feel like you can't share your work because it isn't rock star fabulous. Everyone has unique ideas and I LOVE looking at what other people make, especially with the kits. I think to myself A LOT, WOW! I would have NEVER thought to use that in that way! Every layout has awesome elements to it whether it's the design, the way embellishments are used, etc. And, even simplistic aspects of a layout are awesome- just look at the reactions people get when they post a layout with negative space- people love it, because it's different, and someone had some self-control with their design! LOL! We all lea from each other. The most important aspect of having a hobby is that you enjoy it, and you have fun. I hope you always share your projects. ;)

EXACTLY my thought!

You are scrapping for YOU and if YOU like it, that is the only thing that counts!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Amen.

(Cherene, I'm sending up a prayer that things will get better for you and for all of your family. {{{HUGS}}})

Snagg1
        Send PM

I can echo everything these fine scrappy ladies have already suggested. I go back and look at Pintrest and find things i forgot I pinned!
        t is so easy to compare our stuff to the likes of Gabby but we are each our own brand of art. When we are gone, our kids will look at a layout for the memory that was beautifully scrapped-they won't care if your mist is splotchy or your stickles look like nipples..

I have fibromyalgia too and sometimes you dont want to complain when it hurts or you are tired because you would spend all your time complaining..and I think its one of those things that unless you have it you can't really explain it.
        When it gets you down,just sing the Thunder Buddy song (subbing Fibro for thunder,obviously !lol )

[img:width=258&height=196]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1392927928_563_FT232513_images.jpg[/img]

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I totally agree with all the ladies, so what if we can't make all these fancy schmancy layouts. It's all about enjoying the process and doing what makes us happy!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Sometimes organizing my supplies or doing paper matching is enough to get my mojo interested again.

I do this to, and even if it doesn't get the mojo going it does clean up the clutter.

Sending ((hugs)) your way! I agree..do this for yourself and for fun.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I love to scrap my favorite pictures over and over- it's about the process for me as much as the end result. Maybe this would help to us a favorite pic whether you've scrapped it before or not.

Scrapping is a process, a jouey and should be FUN and for YOU!

Great advice from all! Good luck in getting that mojo back, and if none of the other ideas help, one of your Swirly Sister Savages will volunteer to hunt your mojo down hog tie it and drag it back home to you:)

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I can echo everything these fine scrappy ladies have already suggested. I go back and look at Pintrest and find things i forgot I pinned!
                t is so easy to compare our stuff to the likes of Gabby but we are each our own brand of art. When we are gone, our kids will look at a layout for the memory that was beautifully scrapped-they won't care if your mist is splotchy or your stickles look like nipples..

I have fibromyalgia too and sometimes you dont want to complain when it hurts or you are tired because you would spend all your time complaining..and I think its one of those things that unless you have it you can't really explain it.
                When it gets you down,just sing the Thunder Buddy song (subbing Fibro for thunder,obviously !lol )

[img:width=258&height=196]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1392927928_563_FT232513_images.jpg[/img]

Tracey I totally agree, if you don't have it, you can't really explain it.

I am thinking that I'll just wait for the next round of challenges to come out. I love the scrap friends and the new color board is due to come out. I am sorting through some of my photos atm too, some of them I just want to scrap again and again and again.

BTW, I found another photo of my son eating food out of something unconventional, this time he had stolen a frypan with leftover indian sauce in it and was scooping it out and eating it. At least it wasn't a dog food bowl again ;)

And thanks for all the words of encouragement, it really helps to be able to vent sometimes.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I love to scrap my favorite pictures over and over- it's about the process for me as much as the end result. Maybe this would help to us a favorite pic whether you've scrapped it before or not.

Rae, there is a LO you made that I just adore…I have been looking for it, to lift it…it is of your DD and it has a single resin angle wing. I just bought the wings from the boutique…I will keep looking. I think you made it for a RR.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

[quote]

Tracey I totally agree, if you don't have it, you can't really explain it.

I am thinking that I'll just wait for the next round of challenges to come out. I love the scrap friends and the new color board is due to come out. I am sorting through some of my photos atm too, some of them I just want to scrap again and again and again.

BTW, I found another photo of my son eating food out of something unconventional, this time he had stolen a frypan with leftover indian sauce in it and was scooping it out and eating it. At least it wasn't a dog food bowl again ;)

And thanks for all the words of encouragement, it really helps to be able to vent sometimes.

[/quote]
                    Cherene, vent away!!!!! (We all do that on the boards once in a while!)
                    And please show us that photo!!!!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

You have your hands full with that little cutie pie!!!! My DGD was that way Cherene…she would eat anything, edible or not…we had to watch her like a Hawk…and even if you do, you tu around and …what…we would catch her with something else…in the blink of an eye…even before she could walk she could get into child proof meds…was very scary…plus makes it hard to relax and be a Mom…He sure is cute!!!!

Snagg1
                          Send PM

look at those blues eyes!What a cutie! We have that same weeble tree in our church nursery and all the kiddos fight over it,lol

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.