Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges November 2017 Card Challenge – Feeling Sentimental

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Peggy
    Peggy
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Welcome to the November Card Challenge!
      This month, the theme is “Feeling Sentimental”. Make a card, tag or ATC featuring a sentiment on the front. I was inspired by the Vellum Quotes that Krissy included in the Autumn Bloom Main Kit to make a few note cards, but you can use your stamps or even print something out on cardstock. Why not go through you paper stash – you may be surprised by the possibilities that you find!
      There’s a twist this month along with the theme: make your own background using inks, mists, paints, etc.
      While the use of your Swirly stuff is encouraged (what a great way to use your leftovers!), it’s not a requirement; you may use whatever you have laying around. We only ask that you do not use materials from another kit club. And yes, you may enter as many times as you wish.
      The challenge will run from the 1st through the last day of the month.
      The winner each month with be chosen at random…..so even if you’re not an expert card maker you can still win. This month’s winner will receive a small RAK…

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Quick and easy – I made my background by spreading some of the Oxide Inks from the Autumn Bloom Mediums Add-On onto watercolor paper. I misted it lightly with water and dried it with my heat tool. The frame and die cut are from the Glitter Girl cardstock from this month’s Cardstock Add-On.
        I can’t wait to see all of the gorgeous projects that you make this month!!!!

BettyP
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

On this card, I used a piece of watercolor paper. I sprayed 4 different colors of Glimmer Mist on my craft mat, sprayed it lightly with water and run the watercolor paper through. I was not able to get the shine of the glimmer in the photo but I was pleased with how it turned out. I colored some white ribbon with yellow glimmer mist, crinkled it and added it to the card with some flowers, doily and cheesecloth.

My sentiment in Get Well Soon. Need to work on trying to crinkle paper!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  BettyP.
          Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.
          StephD
          StephD
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

This sounds like a fun challenge and great sample Peggy!

Betty your card is just gorgeous, I love your background!

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

Peggy
            Peggy
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

On this card, I used a piece of watercolor paper. I sprayed 4 different colors of Glimmer Mist on my craft mat, sprayed it lightly with water and run the watercolor paper through. I was not able to get the shine of the glimmer in the photo but I was pleased with how it turned out. I colored some white ribbon with yellow glimmer mist, crinkled it and added it to the card with some flowers, doily and cheesecloth.

My sentiment in Get Well Soon. Need to work on trying to crinkle paper!

Beautiful design and your DIY background is gorgeous!!!!!!

StephD
              StephD
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Here’s my first card for this challenge. For my background I used some glossy paper that would take the inks. I added different colored drops of Adirondack alcohol ink onto my craft mat then sprayed them with water so they started to run together and then I dipped my glossy paper into the inks. Once that was dry I covered it with iridescent medium to give it some sparkle, not that you can see it in the photo but it does shine & sparkle. When I saw Betty’s card I could see we were both thinking the same thing for this challenge.

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Here’s my first card for this challenge. For my background I used some glossy paper that would take the inks. I added different colored drops of Adirondack alcohol ink onto my craft mat then sprayed them with water so they started to run together and then I dipped my glossy paper into the inks. Once that was dry I covered it with iridescent medium to give it some sparkle, not that you can see it in the photo but it does shine & sparkle. When I saw Betty’s card I could see we were both thinking the same thing for this challenge.

You know, I never thought of alcohol inks!!!! You’ve used them beautifully – your background is awesome!!!

BettyP
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

For this card, I used watercolor paper, stamped flowers on the paper and then colored the flowers in with different watercolors. It was a very simple and fun card to do.

My sentiment – Sending Happy Thoughts

Attachments:

BettyP
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

For this card, I used some photo paper. Picked out a couple of alcohol inks and rubbed them around the photo paper. I then took some more alcohol ink and dropped in different areas. I was not sure how it would run but it seemed to just spread out a little. I think the next time I do this technique, I will try to match inks to flowers.

My sentiment – You make my heart sing

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  BettyP.
                      Attachments:
                      StephD
                      StephD
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Betty I love both of your cards, the flower one is so cute!

Peggy
                        Peggy
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

For this card, I used watercolor paper, stamped flowers on the paper and then colored the flowers in with different watercolors. It was a very simple and fun card to do.

My sentiment – Sending Happy Thoughts

Simple, fun & SO beautifully carried out!!!

Peggy
                          Peggy
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

For this card, I used some photo paper. Picked out a couple of alcohol inks and rubbed them around the photo paper. I then took some more alcohol ink and dropped in different areas. I was not sure how it would run but it seemed to just spread out a little. I think the next time I do this technique, I will try to match inks to flowers.

My sentiment – You make my heart sing

Actually, the leave bring all of the colors together perfectly, Betty.
                            And I love the results – you’ve come up with a great technique here <3

StephD
                            StephD
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

My second entry into the Nov card challenge. For my background I covered some cardstock with Multi Medium and then took some tissue paper and smushed (is that a word, lol) it into the multi medium. Once it was dry I sprayed it with the three different colors of glimmer mist. I stamped the sentiment then popped it up with foam dots and added the flowers & pearls from my stash.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by StephD StephD.

Peggy
                              Peggy
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

My second entry into the Nov card challenge. For my background I covered some cardstock with Multi Medium and then took some tissue paper and smushed (is that a word, lol) it into the multi medium. Once it was dry I sprayed it with the three different colors of glimmer mist. I stamped the sentiment then popped it up with foam dots and added the flowers & pearls from my stash.

Of course, smushed is a word, lol!!!!
                                And I love the results, Steph; the textured background is a perfect setting for your gorgeous cluster of flowers and pearls!!!

msjan1
                                msjan1
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

I’ve been enjoying all these beautiful cards on Facebook. Love them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.