Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges November SGC – Slipcovers

This topic contains 43 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Andiepants04
    Andiepants04
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

After a year in my new home I’m finally getting to the point where I can stop removing the circa 1970’s stuff (I literally saw my bathroom tile on the original “Halloween” with Jaime Lee Curtis the other night) and start adding things to make it ours. One big issue is our furniture, It just DOESN’T match. Soooooooo….what better way to liven up your furniture than with slipcovers!!

I have been pouring over website after swatch looking for the perfect combination of material, and style, and color….I’m going slip cover crazy! And now I’m brining it into my scrapbooking!

So this month I want you to use “slipcovers” on your scrapbook page. A Hambley or Kaisercraft overlay, a journaling spot with a “slipcover” to hide it, however you can think to incorporate this “revival” technique into your layout. Get creative.

Since slipcovers are all out reviving the old, lets revive some of those old kits. 1 point for a kit 6 months or older and 2 points for a kit 12 months or older. You must use at least 3 pieces from a kit for that kit to count. You don’t have to use a swirly kit but points granted if you do.

Please tell us in your commentary how you incorporated a “slipcover” into your layout. Voting closes on December 5th and winner will receive a RAK from me.

Here’s my example using the Poetry n Prose kit from….2011? or 2012? I can’t remember….it’s THAT OLD. LOL

Beauty

Barbara
      SGC November - Barbara

Ginny
      Nov SGC - Ginny

Jan
      Nov SGC - Jan

Peggy
      Nov SGC - Peggy

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Andiepants04 Andiepants04.
      • This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Andiepants04 Andiepants04.
      • This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Andiepants04 Andiepants04.

"I'm so crafty I make people."

dllanclos
      dllanclos
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Hmm sounds interesting.

Donna at Lazy Lucy

droopidog
        droopidog
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

This sounds challenging. Can’t wait to see your example.

Kim
          My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
          http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

QT
          QT
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Sounds very interesting!!

Peggy
            Peggy
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Andie, I didn’t realize that you got hit by the storm; are you all okay????

Meantime, great challenge, let’s see what I can come up with!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Merrihew
              Merrihew
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

This challenge sounds like a lot of fun, Andie!

Andiepants04
                Andiepants04
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Hey girls! The long awaited sample is finally up on the first post! I had to research, build a light box, photograph the image, and edit the image before finally getting it up and running. I truly apologize for the wait.

Can’t wait to see your interpretations of this one!!

msjan1
                  msjan1
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

It’s beautiful, Andie! I’m off to work on mine now. Thank you for this great challenge. It’s actually helping me out on this page for sure!

RAE
                    RAE
                    Swirly Moderator
                      Send PM

Very pretty! I have collected three of those iron fence die cuts- can’t seem to part with them!

Andiepants04
                      Andiepants04
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Jan- So glad to hear that!!!

Rae – I KNOW RIGHT!!!! That iron gate makes the perfect “slipcover” for that paper….don’t you think? πŸ˜‰

Peggy
                        Peggy
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Andie, your page is gorgeous!!!!
                          Now, to find and dig out my overlays!!!!

GinnyH
                          GinnyH
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Andie when I first read the ‘what to do’ I will admit I wasn’t sure about it at all! BUT having managed to find an ‘overlay’ in my stash that I had forgotten about I started with trepidation!
                            And after all that I really enjoyed it, thank you!
                            Here it is – a photo of my old horse. Although you cant see it he was turned out on a very snowy day and had just enjoyed a lovely roll in the snow, hense the snowy winter theme to the LO.

I don’t have many ‘old’ kit papers left, so this is as old as I could find, its from the Passion Rose kit. And I must admit my swirly embellies left overs go into one place after I’ve finished with a kit so I’m cheating a bit as my Swirly bits are from various ‘old’ kits – these being the Petaloo Royal blue sugared blooms, natural string, the white flowers were from a vine that I cut up and the pale blue roses were from the Swirly store, does that count ?!?! πŸ™‚
                            My ‘Slipover’ is a Jillibean Soup Placemat 12×12 die cut cardstock ‘white circles’.
                            I used Frayed burlap distress ink and Perfect Pearls mist Blue Smoke (my new favourite colour!!) to blend it into my layout a bit.
                            I also used a left over piece of Dusty Attic vine, and some snowflake laser cut outs from Annamarie designs, the little white berries came from her too…love those! Wood stars, doilies, lace and burlap from my stash and coloured some of the snowflakes with Shabby Blue mica paint from the Art Quest mica color set we had in a kit couple months ago.
                            And my favourite bit was the ‘snow stuff’ !!! I’ve got no idea what its called but it looks like glue when you put it on, then you heat it up and it turns to a snow effect! Love that stuff!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by GinnyH GinnyH.

ginny πŸ™‚

Andiepants04
                            Andiepants04
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Wow Ginny! This is amazing! You did so wonderful! I adore that color combo and the vine below the photo is stunning. I was reading all of your details on the email notice that I got so by the time I clicked on the link I was SO EXCITED to see what this thing looked like. Lol

Amazing

C’ mon Peggs…get hot girly πŸ˜‰

talkis
                              talkis
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

lovely layout Ginny

Peggy
                                Peggy
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Ginny, this is perfect!!!! I love the wintery feel of this that your overlay adds to so well; your chippies and burlap are perfect, the bits of mixed media add the gorgeous final touch!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.