Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges OCTOBER 2014 SGC CHALLENGE – FALL FAVORITES-AND THE WINNER IS….

This topic contains 81 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • Author

PEGGY!!! Congratulations!

Happy Fall, ladies! I am your host for the October SGC. It is no secret that Fall is my favorite time of year! I love everything about it. Sometimes we don’t get a very long Fall here. It has been known to go from Summer right into Winter. So far, it has been beautiful! A couple of weeks ago, I was reminded of one of my favorite tastes and smells of Fall. Pumpkin Spice Chai! I LOVE this stuff!!! So, it got me wondering, what do you like about Fall?

So, here is the challenge!
    1. Create a LO showing one thing that you LOVE about Fall! It could be an event, some special food you only seem to eat in the fall, a scent, the colors, etc…
    2. Dig deep into your Swirly Stash and use papers from a past kit that you forgot you had or have been hoarding. Dig way down, ladies! If you don’t have old Swirly kits, Look through you stash for some forgotten papers! Let’s use up some of our hoard! (At least a year old)
    3. Post you creation here and in the Gallery!
    4. Enter by the end of the night of October 31st!
    5. HAVE FUN!!!

For my example, I used a beautiful fall Swirly kit from WAY back. I think it was before the site was hacked. I can’t remember the name of the kit, but the paper is Little Yellow Bicycle and was the Autumn Bliss collection. My dh laughed at me, because I saved my cup that I got at Caribou Coffee on a recent road trip. As soon as I saw the colors, I knew what I was going to do with it!

[img:width=600&height=593]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1412170113_17_FT0_oct_2014_sgc_.jpg[/img]

KIM
    1413736362_131_FT249326_img_8589_.jpg

MAGGI
    1413806119_312_FT249326_rsz_fall_vacation_2012_.jpg

RAE
    1413933139_16_FT249326_photo_copy_9-001.jpg

JAN
    1414262184_5_FT249326_co_maze_.jpg

BARBARA
    1414510118_996_FT249326_xmas_.jpg

PEGGY
    1414770399_312_FT249326_pumpkin_time_3.jpg

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Oooh great challenge and love the example!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Fantastic challenge, Cheryl! I love your page, and AGAIN, you make me envious that you still have paper from the Autumn Splendor kit! 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Oh my gosh Cheryl… you have made that coffee cup look gorgeous! Love this challenge! I love fall as well, and it is equally short here in Alberta. LOL. How did you make the beautiful leaves on your layout? They are stunning!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Great challenge Cheryl, great sample layout and I love those pretty leaves!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I remember that kit!!!! I don't know if I have any of it left, BUT I certainly have old papers and another piece of hoarded something!!!!

Great challenge, Cheryl, and such a gorgeous example!!!!

Oh my gosh Cheryl… you have made that coffee cup look gorgeous! Love this challenge! I love fall as well, and it is equally short here in Alberta. LOL. How did you make the beautiful leaves on your layout? They are stunning!

I can't take credit for the leaves. They are some stickers by LYB that went with the paper in that kit. I found the stickers in Denver right after we got the Swirly kit and I grabbed them up! LOL! Of course, I have hoarded them all this time!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Here is my entry.

Fall to us means football. Some of my Swirly sisters know what a die hard football fan I am. So here is a photo of dh and I at a football game last year. I used the Brass Shilling kit.

[img:width=600&height=604]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1413736362_131_FT249326_img_8589_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Awesome Kim! And love the photo…The stenciling is perfect with that paper…pretty stuff!!!!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Here is my entry.

Fall to us means football. Some of my Swirly sisters know what a die hard football fan I am. So here is a photo of dh and I at a football game last year. I used the Brass Shilling kit.

[url url=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1413736362_131_FT249326_img_8589.jpg][img:width=600&height=604]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1413736362_131_FT249326_img_8589_.jpg[/img][/url]

Love this photo!!!!! and I love the masking and drywall tape; gorgeous page, Kim!!!!!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I am going to be soooooo last minute with this. My photo CAN'T be taken until a week from today; let's hope that I can get my page done quickly once that happens.

AWESOME LO, Kim! Football is definitely a fall fave for so many! Love all the texture you got on this! Ladies, there is an album for this challenge on the fb page. It is titled October 2014 SGC challenge – Fall Favorites.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I will get it in there too Cheryl.

Snagg1
                          Send PM

Love it Kim! Who Dat! Love the Saints right after the Jets !lol Drew is hubby's fantasy football QB.

I love everything about fall, so I need to think about this one ;)

Love everything about your lo, Kim. That is a great pic of you both!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.