Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges October 2017 All That Flutters Challenge – Git Yer Spook On!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 20 hours, 20 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Peggy
    Peggy
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Yes, you read that right – this month, I’m challenging you to “Git Yer Spook On” and create an October-themed project! It can be creepy or spooky or even feature pumpkins and hayrides – let’s celebrate the first full month of Fall…

Here’s how this Challenge works: Create a project (scrapbook layout, canvas, card, tag, OTP project, it’s up to you) that includes something that “flutters” – butterflies, dragonflies, bees, ladybugs, birds, fairies – we all have these among our embellies, dies and punches, right? And take a look at your pattern paper – do you have a sheet or two that includes a flutterby image? You can use any of your scrappy supplies (one exception: nothing from other kit clubs, please), but you get extra points in the random drawing for using Swirly Stuff.

And now for something different: You don’t need to use your Swirlydoos Kit to play along. However, the inclusion of Swirly Stuff from past kits or from the Boutique (must be at least 50%) will give you a an extra point; ingredients from the August “Sunshine” kit will give you one more. Each month, I’ll be adding a couple of twists – one for the theme and one for the technique. So every entry can count for up to five points when it’s time to pick the random winner.

The Theme: October – think goblins and spooks and pumpkins and fun! Yes, fun – remember that bats and owls and witches and ravens and ghosts all fly; let’s have fun with that! Of course, you can use something from your stash, i.e. butterflies and such, but you’ll get an extra point for something a little different…

The Technique: Stencils or stamps! They can be Halloween-themed or not; but let’s have fun with background textures and handmade embellies.

In keeping with the theme, I’ll be doing the RAK a bit differently this month; it will include the unused Tim Holtz Paper Dolls left over from my example layout (there are still 43 pieces in the package.)

You can share your finished entry here on this thread and in the “October ATF” folder in the Swirlydoos Gallery on Facebook. If you don’t have a Facebook account, no worries; uploading your entry here will still count.

Please note in the description or title that it’s for the “October” ATF Challenge.
      You can enter as many layouts and projects as you wish; in order to “earn” those extra points, please point out the qualifiers (name/month of kit, technique, etc.) in your description.

The Challenge will be open through Tuesday, October 31. I’ll be announcing a random winner of the RAK on November 1.

I can’t wait to see what you come up with!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I’ve used this stencil before on a Halloween layout; don’t you love the creepy feel?
        Lots of fluttering and flying going on here: a bat, an owl, two witches and five ghosts!

StephD
        StephD
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Oh I love your sample Peggy, very spooky! I’ll have to get my thinking cap on.

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

Peggy
          Peggy
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Thanks, Steph! I know that you’ll come up with something awesome!!!!!

StephD
            StephD
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

For some reason this will not allow me to post. I keep getting the message: Forbidden. You submitted too quickly. You may try again in a few seconds.

Okay so it let’s me post this message but not one with the link to my image. Now I’m getting the message: Forbidden. Message seems to be spam.

Anyone know why it would be doing this?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by StephD StephD.

StephD
              StephD
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Try this again, my entry for this challenge. I realized I forgot the stamping and stenciling on this project.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by StephD StephD.

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Awesome!!!! Your details (and the bat!) are perfect, Steph!!!!

(I don’t know WHY these error messages keep coming. It sees more than one link as spam, and I understand that, but it’s pretty weird about multiple images, too. Neither one seems to be what happened to you, does it?

StephD
                  StephD
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Awesome!!!! Your details (and the bat!) are perfect, Steph!!!!

(I don’t know WHY these error messages keep coming. It sees more than one link as spam, and I understand that, but it’s pretty weird about multiple images, too. Neither one seems to be what happened to you, does it?

Peggy when I first tried to post I did have multiple images I tried to link so maybe that was the reason.

Mamadonald
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Peggy, I love your LO…CREEPY!!!
                      Steph, I love what you came up with…SPOOKY!!!
                      Well, I didn’t do anything spooky or creepy…I did FUN!
                      I have a ghost and a couple of bats (one on candy bar and the other one on the tag). I did a lot of stamping but ended up covering most of it up. LOL!

Mamadonald
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Sorry, I had to resize.

Attachments:
                        You must be logged in to view attached files.
                        StephD
                        StephD
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

OMG this is so cute, I love all the layering, so many things to look at, fabulous layout!

Peggy
                          Peggy
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Gorgeously adorable!!!!! Love your “pumpkin”, love your layering, love all of the marvelous details!!!!!
                            (Did you make that Pumpkin Patch banner? It’s amazing!)

Mamadonald
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Yes I made the Pumpkin patch banner. I used American crafts black burlap specialty paper and Pink paisley canvas. I stamped the canvas and added straw between the burlap and canvas…it didn’t turn out the way I had it picture but it worked.

Kimberly
                              Kimberly
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

WOW! You ladies are really rocking this challenge. I love Halloween, and I loved these projects!

Peggy
                                Peggy
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Yes I made the Pumpkin patch banner. I used American crafts black burlap specialty paper and Pink paisley canvas. I stamped the canvas and added straw between the burlap and canvas…it didn’t turn out the way I had it picture but it worked.

Donna, it’s fantastic!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.