Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges October CARD Round Robin

This topic contains 201 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Teams:

Team 1:

Cheryl
      ]

LaQuette

Peggy

Team 2

Hanne
      normal_Bursdag2C_101_28747x75029.jpg
      Ginger

Steph

Team 3
      Patty

Erin
      IMG_6300_zpse7887a20.jpg
      Pala

Team 4

Linda S

Theresa

Paulien
      IMG_0377600monkey_zpsb3875449.jpg[/URL]

Team 5

Linda P

Kim

Amarylis

Hi everyone! It's great to be back hosting a challenge! Hope you're all enjoying the changing of the seasons. Here in Alberta, the air is pretty crisp in the moings now!

This card challenge is open to anyone who wants to participate.

Using Swirly kits is NOT a requirement – feel free to use whatever supplies you like. However, if you DO have a kit, we'd love to see how you SWIRLIFY a card with it!! :p

The person who is assigned the #1 spot on each team, will submit an original card on the first Saturday of the challenge.

We do LOVE to know the HOW TOS!!!! It doesn't have to be in a step by step tutorial, just as long as there is a description, on how you completed your work of art.

The #2 person will then lift the card created by her teammate, and it will be due the following Saturday.

The #3 person will then lift #2 person and posts it on the third, and final due date.

During the week it is always fun to see sneak peaks of the cards, if you have any. The card itself will be due on the Saturday you are assigned.

Please also remember to post your card in the Round Robin Card gallery. (Label them as October Challenge).

DUE DATES:
      Oct 12
      Oct 19
      Oct 26

The twists: 1. Make an embellishment for your card.
      2. Use hand made flowers.
      3. Make something that makes you happy and share with us why!

So who's willing to join this challenge? I've been sorting stuff in my scraproom ALL summer long, and I just MIGHT have a prize for the lucky winner! ;)

I'll take sign-ups until Oct 3rd and then post the teams by the Oct 4th.

Here is a sneak peak of the embellishment I made for my inspiration card.

Playing with the bright Spun Sugar Distress Paint and Squeezed Lemon Distress Ink definitely made me happy. Such fun colours to work with and the emboss resist technique that I used was a lot of fun as well. (More about that later. ;) )

So I'm back to show you the finished card and share the technique I used on it!

a63d4e59-4479-4a31-a719-a48334956feb_zps673874d3.jpg

To get an embossed resist, I laid a Crafter's Workshop template (Grandma's Doily) on the butterfly and dabbed Spun Sugar Distress Paint all over it. Removed the template and sprinkled the painted areas with Utee Thick Clear embossing powder and heated with heat gun. Once cool, I rubbed Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink all over and then wiped it off the embossed areas. Then I painted the edges with Violet Inka Gold. So easy and really pretty!

Just for fun, I thought I'd have a random draw at the end of this challenge. Here's the RAK you could win:

41f26a8a-fc67-4ad7-bddc-65b6547fa521_zps12e0fabf.jpg

Have fun with the Round Robin everyone!

I'd like to play! Week 1 will work best for me!

Oh WOW Linda….. That butterfly looks soooooo GORGEOUS!!!!! I can't wait to see your inspiration card!

I'm in! any week will be fine. Thank you!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I want to play. Not week 1

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Of course, I want to play!!!!!!!!
          Week 2 or 3 would probably work best for me.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Love how your butterfly tued out Linda!

I'm in, any week!

Snagg1
              Send PM

I will play–any week.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I want to play too! Any week!

I will play, make me the second or last week please I will be home for good by then.
                BTW – Love the butterfly.

Ginger

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Linda I am sorry I will have to duck out of this month as I am away on Saturday for two weeks – the first week visiting my new baby granddaughter (and the rest of the family!) and then just home for a couple of days and off to Rome for a week. I look forward to seeing what you all do – love the twists and being an avid flower maker am sorry to be missing this one.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Linda I am sorry I will have to duck out of this month as I am away on Saturday for two weeks – the first week visiting my new baby granddaughter (and the rest of the family!) and then just home for a couple of days and off to Rome for a week. I look forward to seeing what you all do – love the twists and being an avid flower maker am sorry to be missing this one.

Congratulations on the new granddaughter!! 🙂 Enjoy your visit and cuddles with her. I wish you could be in the round robin too, but family visits and a new granddaughter rate WAY higher on the list of importance! And ROME! sigh. I can only dream. Have a wonderful time!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Just a reminder … still taking sign ups for the Round Robin. See the top of the post for my inspiration card and a fun technique! Everyone's welcome to play. Share the invite with your friends!!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I want to play, any week for me! Love your inspiration Linda…Sooo Pretty!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Linda your card is so pretty!

Jennie sounds like a fun couple of weeks you'll be having!

I will play this month.
                          Week 1 will be best for me, but the last week will also work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 203 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.