Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements October Info and Updates!

This topic contains 111 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

It's October! Fall! YAY! Here's what's going on this month:

First, we are excited that Maggi is staying on with the design team for another term,
      so she'll be sticking around! 🙂

Our own Swirly Girl, Linda Pekrul is guest designing for us this month!

And, you may have seen in our announcements that we have some new ladies joining our design team!
      Helena Johansson is joining us, as well as two sponsored educators, Jamie Severtson-Dougherty and
      Limor Webber! 

And, last but not least, our reveal will be on the 13th. There will be no blog hop this month, but you
      can still look at the design team blogs to check out our projects up close. 🙂  However, we will be
      officially launching the Swirlydoos Kit Club Scrapbook Gallery! Anyone who creates their own album
      will be eligible for our prizes!

You can get started NOW! Here are the details:

Welcome to the Swirlydoos Kit Club Scrapbook Gallery!

We are excited to move our gallery to Facebook for easier posting! 

Here's a list of advantages that we know you will love:

*You will no longer have to resize your pictures! 

*You will be able comment on projects without typing in a captcha code.

*This gallery will be a closed Facebook group, so you can comment and like
      projects all you want without clogging up your non-scrappy friends' feeds! (But, please
      invite your scrappy friends!)

So, here's how you can get started:

1. You will need a Facebook account. 
      2. Here is our group link:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1479028899001842/https://www.facebook.com/groups/1479028899001842/
      3. Request to join!
      4. You might already be added if you are friends with members of the design team who have
      5. already added you. 

So we can maintain some ORDER in the group and be able to find layouts posted to challenges and
      monthly kit projects, we will be posting to ALBUMS. Posting to albums keeps things organized and prevents
      posts from getting lost  in cyberspace which happens with a lot of Facebook groups.

Here's how we post to albums:

Right under the Swirlydoos header for the group, there is a line that gives you some options to click on: 

Members     Events     Photos     Files

You need to click on PHOTOS.

A list of albums will come up, and you can add your pictures to any of these albums. For example,
      if you want to post your picture of a layout you made using the Vintage Love Sketch Challenge,
      there is an album for that! So, CLICK ON THE APPROPRIATE ALBUM.

Clicking on an album takes you to another area. At the top right coer, CLICK ON ADD PHOTOS.
      This will direct you to your photos on your computer, so grab it, add a description, and you are done!

If you want to add projects to the group that don't fit in a Swirlydoos category, you can create your
      own album! Here's how:

1. Click on PHOTOS.
      2. Add an Album- title it with your name.
      3. Start adding pictures. 

PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT post pictures of projects made with OTHER kits. DO NOT advertise
      for other kits, or your album will be removed. Thank you for understanding.

We hope you will join our Facebook gallery group! 

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Yay! I am so excited for everything that is happening this month!! ladies you will love this kit. I already have made a ton of layouts. I will post some sneaks later.

This will be fun =) and much easier!! Love it.
        Welcome to all new designers.

OMG…. This month feels like Christmas!!!!!!!!!
        New designers, Awesome Guest Designer and a NEW GALLERY!!!!!!!! WHooohoooooo!!!!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Woo hooo!!! There's so much excitement going on around here, LOVE IT!!!

Let me tell you that Kim is scrappy savage!! While at my house she completed SIX LOs and a tag mini similar to my Raining Cats and Dogs mini that you might have seen on FB or my blog or on G45. Put the rest of us to shame!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

It DOES feel like Christmas!!! I'm SO excited to be guest designing with this awesome kit. You should have been able to hear my squeals of joy all around the world as I opened it! 🙂 Love, love, love it!

And the LOVE the new gallery as well… can't wait to see all the beautiful work that is going to start filling it!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

And WooHoo!!!! Maggi's staying on – YAY!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

And WooHoo!!!! Maggi's staying on – YAY!!!

Awwh, you make me blush!

I cant wait to see what you do as our guest designer!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

oooo I can't wait to see!! So happy to hear Maggi is staying on – one of my fave blogs to visit each month!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

It DOES feel like Christmas!!! I'm SO excited to be guest designing with this awesome kit. You should have been able to hear my squeals of joy all around the world as I opened it! 🙂 Love, love, love it!

And the LOVE the new gallery as well… can't wait to see all the beautiful work that is going to start filling it!!

So happy to have you joining us this month. I can't wait to see what you create.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

oooo I can't wait to see!! So happy to hear Maggi is staying on – one of my fave blogs to visit each month!

Oh thank you! That really means a lot to me!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Yay Maggi's staying on, love your work Maggi!

Congrats on the guest design spot Linda, can't wait to see your creations!

I'm excited to see the new ladies joining the DT, especially Limor, I love her work!

Okay so with the new Facebook gallery does that mean we don't post any of our creations here in the forum & SD's galleries anymore?

I think in the forum yes! but the gallery will be much easier on FB

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Fabulous news ! Great to hear Maggi is staying on.

Just a question about the gallery – can the cards go in ? and what if we take part in a challenge which is not SWdoos kit related ? does it mean that those of us who don't get the kits can't post to the gallery?

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

I think everything will be the same ladies as it was before with the only difference being that INSTEAD of posting to the gallery, you will post to the Swirlydoos Facebook gallery. It is taking the place of the current gallery as it has been so problematic for so many of us. So I anticipate that there will be photo albums for each kit, each challenge etc. just like in the old gallery but it will much easier to use! There are already albums for the October kit, Vintage Love and for the Vintage Love sketch challenge so be sure to upload your work to those albums! It will take a little while for us all to get used to the new Facebook gallery but I think it will be WAY WAY better!

Thank you all for being glad that I am staying, 'cause I am tickled pink!!! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.