Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff OMG! How 'barrassing….

This topic contains 45 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Don't ever decide to clean your scrappy space….

I was cleaning and taking out trash this afteoon….feeling really spunky. Of course, ALL of my pooches got out and started running down the alley at top speed. Three of them went east and two went west. I went after Max. Well….I finally caught up with Max, and got him. When I started walking back home, all the other dogs joined us…jumping and barking. I was pissed, so I was walking at top speed down the rocky alley. One of the dogs got behind me and tripped me!!! I went down like a ton of bricks!!! I knocked the wind out of myself. If I had had fake tuts, they would have popped!!! I lay there with dogs all around me trying my best to get a breath….It was awful!!! I pictured myself lying in the alley and the vultures circling….
    Finally, I got a breath, and slowly got to my feet. That fall is exactly how I fractured my shoulder….(at school…not the alley) Thankfully, I think I just might have bruised ribs and got gravel and dirt in my hands and arms. I made it home…still carrying Max. I don't know how I kept him in my grasp without crushing the poor little feller….

The only problem now is…I'm sore as the devil, and I can't lie down on my back. It cuts the wind off when I try…so I'm sure I bruised or cracked a rib or two. Doesn't hurt to scrap though! Gosh, it sucks getting old!!!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Yikes, Debbie! That's awful. Hope you feel better soon!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

awwwwwww Debbie that is terrible…I hope you are ok

Jesus Deb!!! Take ibuprofen, and if you still feel winded when you take in a deep breath, or it gets worse, go to the ER. You cant fool around with cracked ribs if they puncture your lung!! You should be OK, Really sore though. Take a nice hot bath and soak for a while. You poor thing!! Take it easy!!

Aww….thanks everyone. I'm really glad that our resident nurse checked in with me. My sweet Mom was a nurse, and I always relied on her to give me advice, but now I have Lisa G. Thanks, Lisa. I've got some pain med that I can take at bedtime. It only hurts when I laugh, breathe, cough or move. Other than that, I'm 100%!!!

Snagg1
          Send PM

Ouchie! Don't laugh, breathe, cough or move….and you should be fine. :P

oUCH dEB. yOU MIGHT Want to save the meds for tomorrow. I broke my shoulder like that last year and then hurt my ribs this year. Like Lisa said don't foolo around with your ribs. I keep tripping over my dogs too the problem is they heal faster than me. Take care of yourself. Do you have someone that can help you for a few days. I could not get up and go to the bathroom by myself. Don't be stubbo ask for help for a few days.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Oh my goodness Deb, I hope you are ok and heal quickly. Make sure you check in here periodically otherwise I will worry about you.

Promise you'll go to the doc if your not feeling better soon!

Big Mimi…that's crazy! Take a chill pill and totally listen to what LisaG has to say, that's scary! Keep us posted and ck in periodically.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Hey Debbie, you must take care of yourself. Who's going to be my roommate next year at camp, if you are not in tip top shape.

Oh, Sisters….I'm feeling better since I took 2 Tramadol. They usually knock me bye-bye but I'm just feeling more relaxed now. I just checked on my DD and DGD. They went out of town for a birthday party…have I already told you this???….and they are fine. I can rest easy now. I'll be fine in a few days. Holly's Pom was left outside the gate….I didn't find him until a few hours ago. Poor thing…he was hysterical to get back in. Holly would have broken the rest of my ribs if anything had happened to her baby pooch!!! :O

Ouchie! Don't laugh, breathe, cough or move….and you should be fine. :P

I'm trying to keep all these extras to a mininum, Lisa….It's the breathing part that I'm having a little trouble stopping! ;D

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

awwww well I am glad they are helping you take care of yourself Debbie 🙂

I

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.