January 6, 2011 at 5:43 pm #1959
My husband always laughs at me when I tell him dinner is ready, but has to wait a minute while I get a picture of it first…lol…This has become one of our favorites…Goes great with mashed potatoes and a fresh veggie. Dont forget to serve some extra marinade on the side like they do at the restaurant!!!
Honey Mustard Marinade
1/2 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup honey
1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms (10 to 12 mushrooms)
2 tablespoons butter
8 slices bacon, cooked
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Use an electric mixer to combine the Dijon mustard, honey, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Whip the mixture for about 30 seconds.
2. Pour about two-thirds of the marinade over the chicken breasts and marinate them, covered, in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Chill the remaining marinade until later.
3. After the chicken has marinated, preheat the oven to 375 F and heat up an ovenproof frying pan large enough to hold all four breasts and 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. (if you do not have an ovenproof skillet, transfer the chicken to a baking dish for baking.) Sear the chicken in the pan for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove the pan from the heat, but keep the chicken in the pan.
4. As the chicken is cooking, in a small frying pan saute the sliced mushrooms in butter.
5. Brush each seared chicken breast with a little of the reserved honey mustard marinade (not the portion that the chicken soaked in), being sure to save a little extra you can serve on the side later with the dish.
6. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and dash of paprika.
7. Stack two pieces of cooked bacon, crosswise, on each chiken breasts.
8. Spoon the sauteed mushrooms onto the bacon, being sure to coat each breast evenly.
9. Spread 1/4 cup of Monterey Jack cheese onto each breast followed by 1/4 cup of Cheddar.
10. Bake the pan of prepared chicken breasts 7 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is thoroughly melted and starting to bubble.
11. Sprinkle each chicken breast with 1/2 teaspoon parsley before serving. Put extra honey mustard marinade into a small bowl to serve on the side.January 6, 2011 at 10:18 pm #82472January 6, 2011 at 11:13 pm #82473January 7, 2011 at 3:55 pm #82474May 31, 2012 at 2:03 pm #82475
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.