This topic contains 44 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

OK, it is probably a bit early for this, but I had an eye opener this weekend.

I haven't been to a crop in years as it got to be to much of a pain to pack stuff and cart it back and forth. I was reminded of this when I was in my lss this weekend and they were having a crop and these ladies were bringing in tons of stuff. This is all very well and good if you have your own vehicle, but on a plane?? Yikes.

For those who have been before what packing tips do you have – what worked, what didn't. I have a tendency to overpack anyway so this has me conceed.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I ditto everything Sherri just said. Besides, I like to pack early so I could use tons of advise.

hmmm…first of all I had Krissy hold my kit for that month which saved some packing. I only brought pics, embellies, etc that coordinated with that particular kit. Then just the basics: scissors, ATG, cutter, glue dots, etc. Definitely an extra 12×12 to pack your finished lo's for the trip home.

I am sure the other ladies will have more ideas/advice. Krissy had a lot of stuff available there like cricut, bunch of dies, etc etc. And, we coordinated so not everyone was bringing Zutters, other dies, etc. kwim?

Also, I packed more scrappy stuff than clothes! You don't need much in the way of clothes since we are just hanging out and scrappin' all day!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

My other packing conce is clothes. I'm anemic and I'm cold ALL the time. Just wondering what to pack as for clothes?

Well don't pack to much..There is a washer and dryer there. I am packing minimum…Not like last year. I am packing more scrappy stuff. So that time of year is a bit tricky. Dont forget we are in the mountains. It can be warm or cold…We went a bit earlier last year and it snowed the last 2 days, but it was pleasant!! I will say the cabin and scrap room were very comfortably warm. Coffee, tea, hot cocoa are always available to warm your soul. I am always cold too, except my inteal barometer has gone up a couple of degrees with perimenopause interrupting once in a while. …lol…So pack some sweatshirts and a sweater, and some fuzzy socks!! You'll be golden!! I do jeans and a sweater.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Yeah, I WAYYYYYY overpacked last year…. so much so that I had to have Krissy mail my scrappy stuff back to me….. leaed my lesson about that…
            so
            1) pack minimal clothes….
            2) bring an extra bag… a duffle that will fold up into your suitcase….

Kim, the weather is ALL over the place up there… but if you are always cold, I would suggust you pack for winter… with a summer outfit, just in case…..
            As I am always the opposite…. sweatin' like a pig…. I plan to pack shorts and tank tops…. with one winter outfit thrown in, just in case….

I had Krissy send my clothes home and took my scrappy stuff on the plane. A girl has to have her priorities in order. this year I'm bringing 2 suitcases one for clothes the other for scrappy stuff. I'm flying Southwest so it won't cost me.

Clothes wise I'm thinking jeans, t-shirts and a sweat shirt. It's early June at 8,ooo ft it isn't going to be real warm

haven't decided on scrappy stuff yet, last year i brought kits. This year maybe a mixture.

I am going to bring my scrap roll case and a huge suitcase..Yup Southwest for me as well.

yep, Southwest here too.

southwest for me too 🙂

when you say you're cold often, are you on the wet coast? cuz i am, and it was a dry cold at the cabin, which made it almost warm for me (does that make any sense??)
            both the cabin and scrapspace was perfectly good for temp, and you will find while scrappin, you'll heat up quick. there's a dozen or more of us in there, laughing and carrying on, it gets quite warm, we had windows open most of the time.

don't pack too much clothes, you will be coming home with more loot than you bring. i had my kit meet me there, as i wouldn't have received it in time, and some extra goodies i thought would go with the kit. Krissy brings her whole store, and more!! it's crazy how much stuff is there!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Ditto to all of the above….less clothes, more scrappy stuff, extra bag, southwest airlines….

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

southwest for me too 🙂

when you say you're cold often, are you on the wet coast? cuz i am, and it was a dry cold at the cabin, which made it almost warm for me (does that make any sense??)
                both the cabin and scrapspace was perfectly good for temp, and you will find while scrappin, you'll heat up quick. there's a dozen or more of us in there, laughing and carrying on, it gets quite warm, we had windows open most of the time.

don't pack too much clothes, you will be coming home with more loot than you bring. i had my kit meet me there, as i wouldn't have received it in time, and some extra goodies i thought would go with the kit. Krissy brings her whole store, and more!! it's crazy how much stuff is there!!

Shell, I'm in the midwest, and when I say cold, I mean cold. I keep a heater under my desk at work all year round. The temp in here right now is 71 and my hands are like ice. Guess it will be jeans and hoodies for me.

I plan on putting my scrappy stuff in the suitcase and my clothes in a carry-on. I'll actually have 2 suitcase (one packed into the other). I'm flying southwest too.

sounds like you'll be fine with that packing plan, Kim!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.