Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Paper – So much paper – HELP!!!!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

It is a new year (well almost) I have more paper that a girl should. I am NOT complaining – I want more. But I live in a one bedroom apartment and I do not know what to do with all of it so I no wont forget what I have. How to best organize it. Cardstock – no problem, I have that by color. It is the PP, and my scraps. I keep my scraps because I use them all the time. I am just a little overwhelmed and I WILL NOT get rid of any of it. My name is Ginger and I am a paper hoarder.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I think you should organize them in a way that you will remember what you have. I used to just put all of my scraps in a drawer, but then I would never use them! I couldn't remember what I had.

For me, I always remember my papers by manufacturer and paper line. So, I switched to a system where I keep all of my paper organized by paper line. If I have scraps, I use the Cropper Hopper Paper Files: SBC_ch-ch92602_0.jpg

Sometimes I put a whole line in these with the scraps.

I store all of my paper along with some of these files in this:

SBC_ch-ch92579_0.jpg that's alos by Cropper Hopper.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I store my patte paper by manufacturer as well. My scraps I just throw into a box. My nieces get those.

I like the Cropper Hopper and I just placed an order for a few.
        Thanks girls!

Ginger

My scraps are all thrown in a drawer of my Scrapbox, labeled Scraps, Patteed Paper. My whole sheets are organized by type – floral, masculine, stripes/polka dots, etc. and then by manufacturer and line.

Let's rephrase that. We are paper collectors. I have paper stashed all over my house. Antique music cabinets are the perfect size for 12 x 12, and they look really cool anywhere in your house. I am going to have to live to be 300 to use up what I already have. Mine is stored by manufacturer, and I keep a spread sheet of the lines, listing name, manufacturer, and main colors.

I like collectors over hoarders.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Yes Ginger…we all have more than is feasibly usable in a lifetime. It's just the way we play. LOL

I've decided to create and sell some of my work. Perhaps that will help to eliminate some of my stash.

I too organize by manufacturer. This works nicely since they tend to release papers in coordinating sets. if you separate your sets by patte, print, or color, you miss the opportunity to coordinate.

I do have some single sheets that I have all together in a stack. Needless to say they are rarely used.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM
            Quote:
            I like collectors over hoarders.
            [/quote1388532074

I'm a collector…TeeHee

My home will be a mess for a few days during a reorganization, the papers will go by mfg. I like it.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

A Mess…did someone say A Mess my favorite words! Can't create and not make a mess!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Most of mine are kept by manufacturer & collection in the larger resealable bags. The others are kind of kept in groups that co-ordinate with each other.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I too organize by collection and manufacturer then by what I consider the main color. So far it seems to be working for me!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

While I too have more than I can use in my lifetime (and I keep adding to it), I am pretty sure if there is a heaven my scrappy stuff will be coming with me.

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Same here Ginger–I love and adore my paper!!! I store mine in categories–floral, bling, baby, especiale, birds, etc. It works for me although it seems storing by manufacturer is more prevalent here. Whatever works is the best!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.