Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Recipes Peggy's Apple Pudding

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Reposting For Peggy

APPLE PUDDING

I got this from my mother who got it from her mother. It's a wonderful fall dessert, apples and gingerbread and hard sauce. **I've always used MacIntosh apples, be sure to use those or another tart variety, I don't think it would be as good with the sweeter ones.

1 egg
      1-1/2 Tbsp butter
      3/4 cup sugar
      1/2 cup sour milk
      1/4 cup molasses
      1 cup flour
      1/4 tsp salt
      1/2 tsp baking powder
      1/2 tsp nutmeg
      1/2 tsp ginger
      1/2 tsp cinnamon
      4 apples
      1 Tbsp lemon juice

Pare the apples; slice into thin slices and arrange on the bottom of a greased 8 square pan. Sprinkle with the lemon juice and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
      While the apples are baking, cream the egg, butter and sugar together. Sift the dry ingredients together and add alteately with the liquids (1/3 dry ingredients, 1/2 of the liquids, 1/3 dry, 1/2 liquids, the rest of the dry), mixing thoroughly with each addition. Pour over the apples and bake until done, about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted 1 from the side comes out clean. (As I was copying this, I realized that I never wrote down the bake time on the recipe card, start checking in about 20 minutes.)

Serve warm, topped with hard sauce:

2 Tbsp butter
      2 Tbsp flour
      1 cup boiling water
      3/4 cup sugar
      1 Tbsp sherry (cooking sherry is just okay, it's a lot better with wine)

In a small saucepan, melt the butter and flour, stirring constantly. Slowly add the sugar, and water and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Add the sherry. Serve hot.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

It's so cool how you saved these!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Tammy, thanks for doing this!!!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thanks tammy!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

trying this. It looks yummy – thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.