Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Perfect Medium with Micas?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Has anyone tried stamping with Perfect Medium and Lindy's Stamp Gang Micas or Magical Micas. I was just wondering if it would work the same as it does with Perfect Pearls.

Snagg1
        Send PM

I haven't tried stamping with the micas just using the perfect medium. I'm not sure if you would get the same effect since the micas have to be wet in order to get the full effect. Perfect Pearls are ready to go right out of the pot. I don't think that the Perfect Medium will get them wet enough.

You should try and then report back and let us know!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I might have to do that!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Interesting…it looks like the regular Micas from Lindy's will work with Perfect Medium. The Magical Micas, will stamp, however, the color doesn't seem to change the way it does with water. Here's the example…

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1315664789_531_FT117939_img_1318-1_.jpg[/img]

Maybe if you misted the stamp with a mini mister and then heat set it the Blue Hawaiian would change? Maybe I'll have to try that too.

Here's the Micas with just water…

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1315664818_531_FT117939_img_1321-1_.jpg[/img]

I like your stamp Amber. Looks like the stamped result gives you a lot of texture. Thanks for posting the samples for us.

Snagg1
              Send PM

That's what I was afraid of, not enough juice to change the magical mica. The other looks really fabulous.

Let us know how the next attempt works. 🙂

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Lisa, I think you're right! The magical micas are just not meant for this technique. The mini mister did not help out at all! But, at least I now know that I can use my regular micas with Perfect Medium. Lea something every day!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

thanks for experimenting for us Amber

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.