Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Recipes Petite Pink Lady Cakes

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I wish I was hosting a little girls tea party…I have this idea for Gabbie, On the side she could cater Little
    girl tea parties. Supply all the little cakes and cookies…Here is one on the menu…

Petite Pink Lady Cakes
    Makes 10 – 2 layer cakes or 1 – 9 layer cake

CAKE INGREDIENTS:
    1 white cake mix
    1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips
    1/8 teaspoon all-purpose flour
    red food coloring (I use, Americolor Super Red)

FROSTING INGREDIENTS:
    1 cup unsweetened cocoa
    5 1/3 cups confectioner's sugar
    12 tablespoons butter, softened
    8 to 10 tablespoons milk
    2 teaspoons vanilla

CAKE DIRECTIONS:
    Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Add a small amount of red food coloring until desired pink shade is achieved.

In a small bowl, add flour and mini-chocolate chips and mix together. Disgard any flour in bottom of bowl.

Using butter or vegetable shortening, grease the sides and bottoms of 2-9 cake pans. Line the bottom of each pan with greased parchment paper and flour both pans.

Fill one cake pan with 1/2 of cake mix. Add the mini-chocolate chips to remaining batter and mix to blend. Fill second cake pan with mini-chocolate chip batter and bake according to package directions.

Cool cakes on a wire rack. Once cakes are cooled, using a long serrated knife, slice plain cake in half horizontally.

With a 2 circle cookie cutter cut 10 circles from the mini-chocolate chip layer cake. Then cut 20 circles from the plain layer cakes.

FROSTING DIRECTIONS:
    In a medium bowl, sift together the cocoa and confectioner's sugar. Set aside.

In another medium bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add 1/3 of cocoa mixture and cream together. Add remaining cocoa mixture, milk, and vanilla: beat to spreading consistency.

Makes 4 cups

ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS:
    Fill a pastry bag with chocolate frosting, fitted with a Wilton #10 tip. Working on a flat surface arrange 10 of the plain layer cakes in two rows of five each. Beginning from the center of each layer, make a spiral circle of frosting to fill the layer. Top with mini-chocolate chip layer and repeat frosting as above. Top with final 10 plain layer cakes and frost with final spiral patte.

Fill a large glass with very hot tap water. Insert butter knife or offset spatula in water for 15 seconds, wipe off excess water and smooth the top surface of cakes. Frost sides of cakes and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.

Fill a pastry bag with chocolate frosting, fitted with a Wilton #18 tip. Decorate mini-cakes, where the side meets the top layer, with an elongated, inter-twinning, s-shaped patte.

Filling another pastry bag with chocolate frosting, fitting with a Wilton #6 tip. Decorate the bottom of the mini-cakes with a small shell patte. Wilton #18 Decorating Tip

Refrigerate for until ready to serve. Enjoy!

[img:width=410&height=518]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1315051083_55_FT0_100422879_jwuodzjp_c.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
      Send PM

Lisa those look incredible!!! Would you make those and then air mail them to me for Syd's birthday in January?

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Those look awesome! I wish Audra would want those for her birthday party. She really isnt into princes stuff. She wants another Pokemon cake like last year. I don't know why- it looks awful. I am not good at free handing anything!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Gorgeous, and that looks so yummy!!!!!

Snagg1
            Send PM

That would be a great business venture. They are so cute.

They look perfect for a little girls tea party!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Sooo pretty!! makes you not want to eat it…lol!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.