Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Photographing your work

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

How do you photograph your layouts? Mine look all wonky when I stand them up. Yours always look nice and flat and square.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Sue, we did an extensive blog post about this a while back: http://www.swirlydoos.blogspot.com/2013/10/photographing-your-layouts-101_24.html

See if that doesn't answer your question? 🙂

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I try photographing them by standing directly over them, usually outside if weather permits. If the photo still looks a little wonky I take it into my graphics program (Paint Shop Pro) and straighten them out.

Thank you, Rae and Steph. I will look at that thread more tomorrow.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I take my pictures in front of the sliding glass door with indirect sunlight. Making sure there is no shadows. I had my husband make me a light box out of poster board and a cardboard boxes. It reflects the light to make it brighter in the dark coers. I'll have to show you guys a picture. It's pretty ugly and bulky but it works.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I'd be interested to see that Angelica.

I would like to see it, too.

Snagg1
              Send PM

I use one of those science project tri-fold thig a ma jiggies and painters tape. The tape holds the lo on it without damaging it, the tri-fold makes it stand alone so my hands are free 🙂 Then I just snap away and edit in Picassa for any small straightening or brightening.

Snagg1
                Send PM

Looks like this
                [img:width=299&height=300]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1405836516_2893_FT244938_image.jpg[/img]

Good idea Paula! I usually do mine outside standing over them in early moing light or evening light so I don't get shadows but usually still need to brighten them! Will check the blog post out that Rae mentioned.

Ive just read the blog post – very helpful and I watched Rae's video on Picasa, I've never tried that one but I am now, fab video Rae!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

After you have your layout photographed and are happy with it, I leaed a tip from Maggi's blog, to straighten it out and make everything look flat and square… just http://scraptravelbark.blogspot.ca/2011/02/pse-using-skew-tool-to-improve-our-lo.html

Thanks Maggi for sharing that… I use it almost every time I post a layout.

Thanks to all of you! I found the skew feature on Digital Image Pro. Didn't even know it was there.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Thanks for re-sharing Maggi's tip Linda 🙂 My hubs is a graphic artist and a damn ps wizard ya think I'd know how to use my psE, nah I still wing it after 7 years.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

LOL, Paula, I found mine by accident one day after a couple of years of using the program.
                      That's the one bad part about a lot of programs: so many (useful) bells and whistles that it's hard to know them all.

BTW, I take about a dozen shots of each project, then quickly run them through MS Picture Manager to select the best one or two.

(I really need to invest in a tripod.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.