Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop Photoshop for Making Sketch's

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I really want to get into making my own sketch's. I have made one using another software but I hear most people use Photoshop and wonder how easy or difficault this is to use or which version I should even use as there are what 5 different kinds.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

It all depends on how well you know the software. I LOVE photoshop and can't do without it, BUT….it can be a bit confusing at first…..Elements is a good choice as it's cheaper and a little less complicated.

GIMP is something you can try first if you want….it's free and easy to lea.

Here's the link to download Gimp : http://www.gimp.org/

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Interesting Crystal. I have never tried making a LO. cannot wait to see what you come up with.

Hi Crystal!!..You know your cousin rocks at making sketches!! And I think she uses Photoshop as well. I have tried, but so time consuming for me. I use Photoshop CS 2-5. Elements would probably be a great way to start. I would love to know the secrets!!

It takes a smarter person than me to use Photoshop for sketch making. That sounds hard to me!!!???? Perfect it and then teach us how to do it!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I have been making sketches for a while and have recently started making them for SNR as well. I use Photoshop CS5 and it's something that takes a lot of time to lea. I, like LisaG, recommend PSE8 to get started.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I just truly have no clue how you would do that on any Photoshop software????

I've been playing around with PSE 8 to make my own watermark and sketches. I've been kinda trying to lea on my own..it aint easy. So thankful for the tips shared. I wish I was closer to Lisa so I could hound her about it :p

We ALL wish we lived closer to Lisa…and others…..! There is a wealth of knowledge here for us.

Thank you everyone for your tips. I was hoping to get Photoshop Elements for Christmas buy my husband didn't get that hint but he did very good and got me a light tent and some other goddies.

I will be downloading PSE8 today

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Get PSE 9. the newest one out.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Sketches look really hard to do. I give props to those who can make it look so easy!!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Crystal, you got a light tent? Niiiiiice husband you have there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am thinking I will keep him for a while longer LOL!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.