Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Pleeeeeeeese pray for rain for us…..

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

There are new fires from a different direction near us today. Schools are closing and people are being evacuated. I heard from my cousin and ash is falling from the sky and the smoke is so thick he can hardly see. He's leaving with his son and dog. I was thinking last night about a plan for my scrapbooks and pictures??? There is no good plan. There is so much smoke in the air that my eyes bu. But on TV and radio….it's just like nothing is happening. Most of what info we get in on the inteet??????? This is scary!!

Debbie, wow, I had no idea. Prayers for relief and an end to the maddness and worrysome fires.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Prayers being said for you all. Please be safe Debbie.

Snagg1
        Send PM

Holy crap Debbie!!! I would start packing what you can so you can leave. Give us updates when you can.

Just got an email from a friend in Midland, Tx. Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we may catch fire! So….I headed for the fridge for a little vino for a head start. At least, we haven't lost our sense of humor in all of this.

I haven't done ONE thing today. I decided not to clean house. Why waste all that time if we have to evacuate??? There is no sense in dusting….there's a smudge over everything anyway….So, I'm just watching TV to see when to pack up!

OMgosh DEB! Please be extra careful! And don't drink too much..what if you fall asleep or forget something or fall or trip..sorry getting carried away!
        Keep us posted!

OMgosh DEB! Please be extra careful! And don't drink too much..what if you fall asleep or forget something or fall or trip..sorry getting carried away!
        Keep us posted!

Hee-hee….don't worry Erica. I'm just drinking Coke right now. Vino tonight when I'm not by myself. I've got to have a DD….designated driver….just in case!

I did just check to make sure that my Homeowner's Insurance premium was drafted this month…..just in case. I don't want any reason for them to say that they won't cover damage. You know how insurance companies play with you sometimes. :O

Stay safe Debbie. That is terrible. I hope you get some relief from that and your home remains in tact.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

wow that is super scary…be safe!!!!!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Oh, Debbie, prayers being sent for you and your neighbors!!!

How goes it today, Debbie? Just thinking about you down south as we sit in the midst of another thunderstorm. Wondering if any of this has been your way.

Thanks everyone. The fires are getting closer and my cousin's neighborhood has just been ordered to evacuate. It's still north of the city, but it seems that the winds have died down some. I have lived here for a long time, and I never remember this happening before….and we've been dry many times.
            No rain in the forecast at all…..just hot and dry. This really is spooky!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh Debbie, that is scary, do take care, get your prized possesions together and ready to go just in case. You know those fires can rip in a minute. Take care dear.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Here's what it looks like about 8 miles from the city….Ash is falling on houses now, and the smoke is awful.
              [img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1302905178_45_FT84664_207231_200221783352065_100000927348896_513759_1805686_n1_.jpg[/img]

Oh, my!! Look at that helicopter in the pic. I just noticed it…..Please pray everyone. We need lots of Divine Intervention today.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

wow Debbie! that looks dreadful indeed! Stay safe and ready to go, just in case. I lost everything in a fire once, and I got a quick lesson that things are just things! As long as you and the family are safe, that's all that matters.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.