Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Prima Mask/stencils

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

for those of you who purchased some have you used them yet? I haven't. I think I was expecting them to be like TH's, with a light adhesive on the back, and thinner. Now I am not sure what to do. Only use mists? How could you use distress ink and the blending tool with out it moving all over?

I would use temporary adhesive, like hermafix/dotto, then rub off the glue when you're done.

Bonnie, I haven't tried it yet but you could probably spray some re-positional temporary adhesive on the back. I know Scotch Brand has a spray that works wonders. Elmers and Krylon make it as well.

Oh thats a great idea too Linda!!

Snagg1
      Send PM

Bonnie, are you talking about the Prima masks? If so, I just tried using one last night with a blending tool and it wasn't easy. I had to blot with the blending tool rather than how you normally use it. I wasn't happy with the end result. The re-positionable adhesive sounds like it might be the way to go. I will have to pick some up.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I haven't used mine yet, but I was thinking that I would use a pair of tweezers to hold them in place like the TA screens. IDK?

Snagg1
          Send PM

I don;t have any of those masks to try out. None of the few lss in Malaysia carries them…:C

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

i don't have prima ones, but the ta ones, i just hold one part and ink and then hold another part and ink…i get dirty but i don't mind 🙂

Mia where have you been???????

I don't have any of these masks yet!!!

I don't know what the TA ones look like, but these are fairly thick, and intricate ….

TA's are thin and easy to mist, ink, dab over!!

actually, i take that back… they aren't as thick as i thought.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.