Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Question for Vagabond Users

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I am finally getting to play with my Christmas present. YAY!  I have different types of dies: Sizzix, Memory Box, Spellbinders, Bigz, etc.  I am following the instructions for the different sandwiches and noticed that the recipe for the sandwish that goes with the sizzlets (would apply to spellbinders, QuiKutz and memory box) isn't thick enough. 

I added an embossing pad and it only cut part of it.  I finally decided to grab my C Plate from my Cuttlebug.  I got the normal crack sound and the dies cut just fine. 

What do you use for the thinner dies?  Did I miss something?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I use the clear plates plus you have to use the shim for the thinner dies. You have to do that for Timmy's thinner dies to. Does that make sense?

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I had to get a Solo Thin Die Adapter which I place on top of the Solo Shim and the Solor Platform and then I'm able to cut with my Memory Box dies.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I just use both clear plates, the shim and the adapter.

Snagg1
              Send PM

I used the solo plate, shim and both clear cutting plates. I ended up having to use my C plate in order to get the thinner dies to cut. Strange…..

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Odd! I only have Spellbinders and I'm like Linda and use that Solo Thin Die Adapter. I know that Timmy the God has done a couple of videos where he explains in detail. Let me see if I can find one for you (now that I'm a big girl and can attach links and use emoticons ;)) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Le7nmGsvE

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Lisa, Sizzix makes a wafer-thin die Adapter for use with the really thin dies.

There is also the solo shim that comes with the machine

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Also there is an All Things Tim yahoo group and there is a sandwich recipe chart posted there

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I'm going to try and post the link to the sandwich recipe . I'm not sure if it will work it's a funky looking address. here goes

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EJEAT2elXr8gxBFbgWwc9-9ebeqG1EhPXItO0NyL8iAIydNbw2_xvsyUuq18O8h7Uup6DO02S4Uke89GNo53zvOvA4Vuass/Vagabond%20Sandwich%20Recipes.pdf

I don't have to much of a problem. I guess trial and error and some homemade shims keeps me rolling without difficulty.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

as I have both a Big Shot and Vagabond……I found that the Multipurpose platform that came with my big shot work best for the Spellbinders and such!!

Haven't noticed any problem with the Sizzlits…….use the two clear plates and the platform that came with my Vagabond!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Lisa, I think that they answered your question. You totally need the platform & solo shim along with the plexi plates that came with the machine, along with the wafer thin adapter that alas, is sold separately. Until you get that, try different pieces of chipboard. I do think that the adapter is a better option; unlike the chipboard, it's a firmer surface without any give.
                          BTW, thanks for your gallery comments on my tags; and I actually am innocent of buying the last Memory Box tree. I got it at my LSS, where they have a pretty good line of them.

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

I'm going to try and post the link to the sandwich recipe . I'm not sure if it will work it's a funky looking address. here goes

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EJEAT2elXr8gxBFbgWwc9-9ebeqG1EhPXItO0NyL8iAIydNbw2_xvsyUuq18O8h7Uup6DO02S4Uke89GNo53zvOvA4Vuass/Vagabond%20Sandwich%20Recipes.pdf

This is the best cheat sheet I've seen! Thanks so much for posting this Kathi.

Krissy
                            Krissy
                            Swirly Admin
                              Send PM

[quote]

This is the best cheat sheet I've seen! Thanks so much for posting this Kathi.

[/quote]

AH, the link isn't working for me!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                              Krissy
                              Swirly Admin
                                Send PM

That's sooo odd! It worked yesterday and now it's not working for me either….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.