This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,

This will be the place to drop all your card related questions.

I really wanted to open this thread, cause
    The more Questions….. The more Answers…. The more we LEARN.

So please feel free to to ask!!!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

When you sit down to design a card, what is the first thing you decide?

When you sit down to design a card, what is the first thing you decide?

The first thing I decide is: Which technique I want to use. Will I be stamping, embossing (heat or dry) masking, Gesso? or am I going use PP to create my card with.

Then I'll choose, size/shape, colors and what kind of papers.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Paulien, is it okay if other people answer too so we can get multiple points of view? (I'll go ahead and do it this time and if you don't want us to anymore just let me know 🙂 )

I make a lot of cards and generally mine have some kind of image on them, so I usually choose my image first then go from there. Usually I am making a card for a specific person and a specific occasion so I pick an image that suits them. I purchase a lot of digital stamps online and color those with my Copic markers. Less often I use the type of stickers that pull apart into an outline of an image (can't think of the name off the top of my head) and fill them with glitter. (I can post pictures if you'd like to see). I then choose my papers, style of card I want to make and embellishments. A good resource for different types of card bases, with tutorials, is http://www.splitcoaststampers.com

My dear Jackie, It is more than okay by me!!!
        This is a forum to discus so…
        I am very happy you did, cause You made a very very GOOD point with saying: Usually I am making a card for a specific person and a specific occasion so I pick an image that suits them.

I think that is very important with making a card.
        Cause we don't wanna send a flowery card to a male person now do we?

I never used digital stamps, so yes… please post your pictures and tell us how you did it.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Here are two cards I made with digital stamps. I think the rest of the images are on my mobile phone – I tend to snap a picture as I am heading out the door with the card 🙂 I'll work on getting those off so I can share them.

I print my digital stamps onto paper that works well with Copic markers (many papers bleed), then color them in with Copics as I love the way they blend together. If you like coloring stamped images, Copics are great; because they are an alcohol ink you can blend colors together for shading or feather them together to go from one color to a completely different color (if you want to lea more about Copics this blog is great http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/).

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1326827832_876_FT135703_card_-_jen_and_dave_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1326827832_876_FT135703_card_-_keira_.jpg[/img]

Thanks for sharing those lovely cards and links Jackie!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thanks Paulien and Jackie.

Paulien, I think I need to lea to use techniques on my cards because I haven't in the past. I tend to just use pp, ribbon and flowers. When I look at your cards I realize the techniques you add to them, just give them that little extra pizzazz!

Jackie, you might have started me in a whole new direction with digi stamps LOL. Some of those sites you listed on the other thread had some CUTE stuff on them. Plus I always enjoyed colouring and think using Copics might be fun.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I love colouring, too. When I go away for a couple of days and can't take any scrapbooking projects I'll often take my Copics and a file of printed images to colour in. I just have to have some sort of idea of what colour PP's I'll be using so I can keep that in mind when colouring.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I usually decide what size I want to make my card first…5 x 7, 6 x 6, etc. That helps determine the design and what I use on it.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Yes I like the idea of using techniques that I might use in scrapbooking and jouals, but on cards. I think it would really make a very special card for a special person. I would also like to get to grips with tulle. I am always cutting a piece off the huge roll I have, trying to tie it or place for ages, then it goes in a bag in the drawer. I now have a huge back of pieces of tulle! Sorry that isn't really a card question!

Lovely cards Jackie!

Beautiful cards JAckie!!!

Ok …help…This is the only thread I can get to!! DOEs anyone know what e107 error is????

DD laptop works

Ok …help…This is the only thread I can get to!! DOEs anyone know what e107 error is????

I'm sorry Lisa, but I have NO clue.

Glad that DD laptop works.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.