Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff RAIN!!!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Even though I was woken up twice last night due to lightning, I am SO grateful for the beautiful RAIN!!!

It is supposed to rain most of the am and then maybe some storms this afteoon.

I am loving it!! It is cool and nice and not too windy. I wish it would rain all day.

Well I am happy you have gotten rain if that is what you need but let me say I am SICK of rain. It has been raining here non stop since last SATURDAY!!!!! On a good note, my gardens are looking fabulous. LOL

Hahaa!!

Yes, we needed it! We are in a drought situation here. The wheat is already ruined but it is good to get any rain.

Sorry you are flooded out there, that sucks. Why can't it rain just the perfect amount?

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I'm with Lisa!!! Very happy for all of you in OK and TX that you're getting a break in the drought!!!
      We ended up with no rain and some off and on sun yesterday, but back to clouds and rain today.
      Lisa, it could be worse. My sisters live in weste NY and it's been horrible.
      http://interactives.wivb.com/photomojo/gallery/preview/332/2/flash-flooding-in-wny-may-13-2011/wellsville-ny/ for the upper end of my sister's street after 4-1/2 of rain in a little over an hour (yes, the 3 sump pumps in their basement could not keep up).
      And http://thedailynewsonline.com/news/article_8ed3ded4-8294-11e0-81df-001cc4c002e0.html That's where our onions come from.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

yepp good you got rain but we got sun today weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 🙂 <<<sick of the rain too lol

WOW!!!

Some of the streets in OKC were flooded last night, they broke a rain record yesterday. We went from drought to flood oveight.

Crazy I tell ya.

Up here, we got a good soaking, but no flooding. AND no toadoes, which they did have down south, there was a wicked wall cloud that spawned a huge funnel in southe OK yesterday.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Florida still needs lots and lots of rain; we are also in a dought situation. I'm afraid it's going to take a tropical storm or hurricane to help our water levels

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

We just had lots of rain here in CA. No flooding but the leavys are all full. Usually they're dry and we have to conserve.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Odd that some have none and we have too much. My lilacs have wet rot on them. The flowers are actually rotting on the branch from being dunked in water.

Sad that others need the rain so baddly

I was glad to be awakened by the thunder!! My pooches were not that happy. Wills is deaf, so he didn't move! LOL! We got some much appreciated rain…don't know how much, but the ground was wet. Thank you Lord!!!

I wish I could send some of our rain to you. It feels like a rainforest here and we can't get our lawns mowed. I still haven't been able to get my garden in.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

We could sure use some rain in the northe part of our province. Forest fires are going everywhere up there. One little town called Slave Lake got caught up in one so quickly that people were racing out of their homes just a few houses ahead of the flames. About 40 percent of the town bued up. Here's some pictures.
              [img:width=600&height=338]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1305937828_550_FT93605_2cal13-canada-f_1276206cl-8_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=338]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1305937828_550_FT93605_7cal14-canada-f_1276211cl-8_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=338]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1305937828_550_FT93605_11edm115-alta_f_1276215cl-8_.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
                Send PM

I'm with Lisa!!! Very happy for all of you in OK and TX that you're getting a break in the drought!!!
                We ended up with no rain and some off and on sun yesterday, but back to clouds and rain today.
                Lisa, it could be worse. My sisters live in weste NY and it's been horrible.
                http://interactives.wivb.com/photomojo/gallery/preview/332/2/flash-flooding-in-wny-may-13-2011/wellsville-ny/ for the upper end of my sister's street after 4-1/2 of rain in a little over an hour (yes, the 3 sump pumps in their basement could not keep up).
                And http://thedailynewsonline.com/news/article_8ed3ded4-8294-11e0-81df-001cc4c002e0.html That's where our onions come from.

I'm in the same boat…literally. I hate to complain. I'm really glad that you are getting rain if you need it. 🙂

Wow, those pictures are scary.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Oh Linda that is just so devastating I know …have watched it on the news all week. My boss's sister lives there and stil does not know if theiir house is gone awwwwww

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.