Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW Rangers Distress Crackle Paint

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Does anyone know if you can add water or something else to thin out crackle paint? I opened up my jar of Broken China crackle paint the other day and it had gone really super thick – no idea why as it was closed nice and tight.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

YES! You can add water, because it's water-based. I saw a video where Tim mentions that adding water is THE thing to do! I have tried it myself, and it does work. 🙂

If it is really dried out or won't thin, contact Ranger. I had a bunch of the first batch of them and Ranger replaced them for me after they dried out. They've changed the formula since the first go-round.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Ditto to both of the above.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

This is good to know!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Thanks for the info ladies, if the water thing doesn't work I will contact Ranger.

I've added water to mine and used a popsicle stick to mix it in really good and it worked great.

I've added water to mine and used a popsicle stick to mix it in really good and it worked great.

ditto – works well!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.