Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Really dumb FB question

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

OK, I don't do FB and the only reason I am on there is so that I can be one of the administrators on the Sdoos page. So….I don't update my page, I do nothing with it and don't care to. I have privacy controls on there because I really don't want long-lost not-so-close friends to all of a sudden act as if we had the best of times blah blah…. BUT, we found out tonight at Karate that they are no longer going to print out calendars and will, instead, post info on the FB page. What a major pain in the ass.

Anyway, my question…can I friend a business, or do I just like them? I don't see add as a friend on their profile page. HELP!!!

when you 'like' a business, it's the equivalent to adding as a friend, from what i have seen. when they update stuff, it will come up on your newsfeed, and you can find them in your 'pages' instead of in your 'friends'.
      hope that helps.
      i have to say that i was hesitant, years ago, but now i have found that i edit my friends occasionally. and i also have found answers to questions re: child raising, had loads of encouragement from people that i did once hang with, and now our relationship is online. it's ok really. i like it.
      then again, i live in a highly populated area compared to some of our swirly sisters, and i can go for a long time without running into someone i know. (this coming from someone who has run into some i know in places like West Edmonton Mall and Disneyland LOL)

Snagg1
        Send PM

I am to new at it to know. Never thought I would be on FB. Just leaing what to pay attention to and what to ignore. I like to see the swirlydoos messages.

Snagg1
          Send PM

Thanks Shell. I'll just have to keep an eye out and see if it works.

I know a lot of people enjoy FB, but honestly, I don't have the time to keep that page up and my blog and everything else. Besides, truth be told….there are some people that I don't want to find me and I'm not interested in hooking back up with. Just not my thing. I like to live in obscurity with my blog. LOL

i totally get that.

i rarely look at it on a computer, i only look at it on my iphone app.

I usually love FB. Lately, it has been a pain.

There have been lots of changes to FB lately. I found out about my DD's scandalous cheating pig of a BF just recently because of FB. I think I really was Sherlock Holmes in another life, so finding out stuff is cool in my book. I outted that snake big time! I loved it! My poor DD was so hurt…but better to find out now now than a marriage and a baby later!!!

YES, the changes bite. But, hey, what can you do? Not like they are forcing me to use it. ;)

I figure FB is like everything else computer-related…. always being tweaked to make it better! lol

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I understand your conces, Lisa. I unfriend people all the time. They are usually people I went to high school with that friend me, and they have to post about mundane or political crap that pisses me off. I don't even answer a lot of the friend requests that I get. I'm not polite on there at all- I really just like it for my scrappy friends and a couple of old friends that I love.

Snagg1
              Send PM

Well, I just called and left a message for them to call me. I explained in my meesage that I'm not on FB and don't plan to be on FB and would like to know what my alteative is.

I just think it is crap to force a paying customer to do something in order to get a schedule of classes when that hasn't been past practice.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

They should get a website and put it on there.

FB is free and easy for a business to post to and it is easy for them to have direct contact with their customers.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

That's true. But, it seems like there should be options for Lisa to get the schedule without using FB if she doesn't want to. Blogs are free, so they could get one of those!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.