Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers rejuvenate chalk ink?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I have an absolute fav pastel pink chalk ink catseye, its drying out… 🙁
      Does anyone know if chalk inks can be rejuvenated?

Snagg1
        Send PM

I've never tried it but maybe mini misting with water. If you're going to toss it it might be worth a try to get another couple uses.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

There may be a reinker. I know they make reinkers for the chestnut roan color. I bet they do for your pink one. Send Krissy an email- she MIGHT be able to order one if they exist. I tried to look online, but I didn't find any, and Colorbox doesn't have an online catalog.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Once the ink runs out of the catseye I just throw it out because the sponge is nearly gone.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Me too, Ang. I am so rough with mine. I rub them on distressed paper- most of the pads fall off before they dry out.

Snagg1
                Send PM

I toss 'em too,sorry 🙁

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

For the above reason, I toss them, too. Actually, they usually wear out long before the ink goes.
                  (And I've just about killed an Ingvild 🙁 ( )

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

The Prima ones hold up the best, but I have had a few where they weren't glued on right- the whole sponge comes off and you can't even see which side was glued. I'm on my sixth branch bark, and my third black.

Ranger makes an ink refresher that works with chalk ink pads. I get it @ Joanns or Michaels (I can't remember which). It's a spray bottle and will be with the samp cleaners.

You can use super glue or E6000 glue to reglue a detached pad back in place, but you need to leave it totally alone for 24 hours.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Thanks, Monica. 🙂

I have tried super glue, and I did leave it alone. NO clue why. I will buy some E6000 and see if that works.

No prob! It doesn't always work, but most of the time it will.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I have had to glue it back together twice ;D
                        And now the pad is starting to disintegrate 🙁

Guess I'll just have to buy another one, I'll take it with me so I get a color close to it

Thanks for everyones help

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.