This topic contains 50 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

I'm lost on these new products. Where can I find a tut on all these new goodies?

krissy posted a tut on our tutorial page on how to use the paper

I just found the tut on youtube for the MayaRoad resist liquid. It looks fun. Going now to lea about the paper. See….I'm behind the times since I've been so busy with life going on…..Now, I'm back to scrapping!
    Thanks, Kathi!

OK….I'm up to speed now. It's lovely and fun, and I can't wait to get started!

i tried out one of the Heidi Swap resists, and I found that it seems to work better with less concentrated sprays, like, Glimmermist and Shimmerz. Maya Mist and Smooch is too pigmented and covers up more of the resist, and is harder to uncover. JMHO!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Bonnie, thanks for that tip, it never would have occurred to me!

me either!! thaks Bonnie

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

i tried out one of the Heidi Swap resists, and I found that it seems to work better with less concentrated sprays, like, Glimmermist and Shimmerz. Maya Mist and Smooch is too pigmented and covers up more of the resist, and is harder to uncover. JMHO!

Good idea- never thought to use my Shimmerz! I used the Distress inks on mine- I blended with a paper towel to get the extra off of the resist part. I also used the Perfect Pearls mist, and I ended up using a baby wipe to get rid of the pigment off of the resist part.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I hope it's okay to put this here- it's about resists. Has anyone used the Maya Road Resist yet? How did it go?
          I used it, and it stuck to my paper! I had to rip it off! 🙁 I only let it set for ten minutes, and I used Bazzill. It might have something to do with being in a really dry climate, but IDK?

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I was ***hoping*** to try mine out tomorrow. I wonder if that was because Bazzill is somewhat porous. But in the video, she's definitely using cardstock.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I was ***hoping*** to try mine out tomorrow. I wonder if that was because Bazzill is somewhat porous. But in the video, she's definitely using cardstock.

That's what I was thinking. I tested the same sheet and waited about 20 minutes, and got the same results. I will try a flat piece, and see if that makes a difference.

oh no! I haven't tried it yet! That sucks!!!

Snagg1
                Send PM

I tried it really quickly using a template. Don't fill in the spaces on any template with it. The liquid is more on the thin side and because of this it runs undeeath the template and blurs your design. If you are going to use a template then use a thin line in the middle of all of the spaces, don't go to the edge.

My paper ripped too, but only in a few places. I was using card stock that came with one of our kits.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Lisa, thanks for that; I was going to use a template myself… Hmmmm, will think of something else, then….

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I tried for a half of a second to use the cherry blossom template, and I noticed the problem very quickly. I decided to free-hand something- that's when it ripped. It sucked because I was writing, and the rips ruined the letters. I will try again though!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I was trying git out and it ripped my patte paper.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.