Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Rollercoaster life

This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Saturday David was not doing as well as when I left him last week & the doctor on call told me that he would never come home & I needed to find a facility closer to home. After tears, praying and talking to my boys and friend & pastor – I was done for.

Sunday moing I went in and the Respiratory therapist said he was on his way to David's room. To shorten the story, they tried to entubate him to put him on the respirator several times and wre unable to so he got a cpack mask which he hates (same doctor) and went to ICU. The wonderful nurse supervisor who also gave me the cell phone number for supervisors, had the wonderful nurse transfered with him.
      I called my oldest and told him to get to the hospital, called youngest & ffriends to bring him, called my nephew when I caould not get a hold of David's brother. THey all came along with other nephew & his wife.
      A family reunion -whichI told them to go to waiting room when they got too loud. After much praying and everyone talking to David – everyone finally left.

I drove that night an hour away to oldes'ts son's apartment – on the way I thought – I haven't had fun in so long, I just want to have fun. Well, God has a sense of humor! I took a wrong exit and the GPS was getting me back on route. I passed by Great Wolf Lodge (love that place). I had to laugh.

Got up early Monday to miss the Dallas – Fort Worth Traffic. A miracle happened during the night. David was on dialysis when I came in but was alert and trying to move around. They were then able to put him on the cannula oxygen and he did great, he was smiling, and tuing over by himself – Grabing for everyone's hand. Later in the afteoon I hear a quiet hoarse Joy. After that he was trying to get out of the bed & cracking up the staff. Before I left for Waco I said, Can you tell me you loveme? and he said, I love you the nurse said she was going to cry.

THis moing I called & the secretary said he is trying to get out of bed & I literally see his belly – he pulled his gown up over his head – we laughed.

Sorry for the long post, but had to share the rollercoaster life. Some day I hope this ride ends. I got on In December 2010. It's a hot ride too in Texas 107 right now and suposed to top out at 110. Hate breaking all these summer records.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh dear Joy, I am at a loss for words. All I can think is walk with God and he will help you down the road you are traveling. I am wishing for you much strength to help you through the days ahead. Thank goodness for the little things like a simple I love you, it helps keep perspective. Hugs & hugs.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh Joy..this brought tears to my eyes. I don't know what to say..I'm speechless. Your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Keeping David, you and your family in my prayers! So sorry you are having to go through all of this!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Hugs to you and your family, Joy. You are such a strong woman to endure so much and still find humor in things. You are an inspiration. Thanks for the update.

Still keeping you in our prayers here.. Glad you was able to have some happiness at such a hard time. 🙂

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Hugs to you and prayers for your family. You are a strong woman.

So glad you had some happiness and some laughter!!!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Joy -wow- what a roller coaster for sure. You are such an incredible woman and wife. I am praying hard for the good news to stay all good.

Joy, You are such a strong woman. I'm so glad that David said that he love's you. You 2 are a miracle couple!!! Big hugs to you and your family.

You are an amazing lady….I think of you and David so many times during the day. I so pray that things get better for all of you….

Snagg1
              Send PM

Holy cow Joy! I don't know how you are keeping your sanity. My goodness. You both certainly deserve some smiles and fun and from the sounds of it, I think you are going to get some.

Big hugs!!!!! Keep the faith.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

My prayers are with you…..

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I don't know how you are holding up..it would have put a weaker woman down for sure…prayers coming your way!!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

{{{JOY}}} you and your husband are so strong and so brave; it's so inspiring to see you share your love and your humor with each other…
                    Always in my prayers….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.