Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! Round Easel Card Tutorial by Amarilys

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Easel cards are easy to make and very addictive! They will surely put a smile on the recipient's face!
    Here's how you do them:

DSCN8295.jpg
    Step 1. Trim a heavy cardstock to 5.5×5.5 and die cut a circle our of it. I'm using Heartfelt Creations Layered Scalloped Posy Die so I'll have to run it through my die cutting machine twice (top and bottom).

DSCN8296.jpg
    Step 1a. Make sure that folded area is a little over the fold so that you don't right through it. You will nee this so that the card opens and closes.

DSCN8297.jpg
    Step 2. This is what you will get after you finish your first base layer.

DSCN8299.jpg
    Step 3. Die cut another separate single layer our of the same cardstock.

DSCN8302.jpg
    Step 4. From the fold, mark 3 below it and fold it inwards. Add adhesive to this part and adhere the single layer on top.

DSCN8304.jpg
    Step 5. This is how your easel card base will look like at this stage. Now you can decorate it however you want!

DSCN8307.jpg
    Step 6. For my card, I die cut two circles our of coordinating colors measuring 4.5 and 4 and distressed their edges.

DSCN8309.jpg
    Step 7. I layered them over my front side of the card and added a little trim around the smallest layer.

DSCN8310.jpg
    Step 8. I then added a few layers in the centers and my stamped sentiment on top. I pop dotted the sentiment to make it stand out.

DSCN8311.jpg
    Step 9. I added some blooms around the sentiment as shown.

DSCN8312.jpg
    Step 10. Finally, I added some handmade leaves and some brown twine.

DSCN8315.jpg
    Step 11. Now, so that your easel card can stand up, you need something for the inside. I added two stickers layers over each other and pop dotted to give some dimension.

Here's the finished card:
    DSCN8317-Copy.jpg

I hope you are not intimidated to try this card. It really is not that hard! Also, if you want, you can do a square version of this which requires less planning and looks just as gorgeous!

Gorgeous! I can't wait to give this a try!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What a fabulous tute, Amy!!!!! You make this look so easy and your card is absolutely gorgeous!!!!
      You mother is one lucky lady!!!!

Amy, that is fabulous! That you for sharing it with us.

Oh Amy, I so love this BEAUTIFUL card!!!!! Thank you for the step by step.

Amy, I honestly love the shape of this card. The whole card is beautiful. I am going to make another one with this shape. Just fantastic.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

SO beautiful, Amy!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

This is so pretty Amy, your Mom will love it!

thank you everyone for your sweet comments! I'd love to see YOUR take on it though 🙂

I love this card! Can't wait to try it out.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Beth, you GOTTA make one, they're a lot easier than they look!!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.