Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Sad news IN THE MAIL!

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

My husbands company hasn't been doing to well in this economy and I just got A LETTER IN THE MAIL that says after 23 years with this company (@ 2 years short of 25 yr retirement) he is in the group that may or may not be layed off May 31st of this year or reassigned (which they are not doing) but PLEASE remain focused on your job at hand at this time. How and when do I give this letter to my husband who is asleep right now working 12 hour nightshift. And as scary as this is my 1st thought is oh no, my swirlydoos membership is in jeopardy, & then of course, how do we start over at our age? Just needed somewhere to vent till I can talk to my husband on Monday when his shift ends this round. And still got it IN THE MAIL!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Wow…all I can say is WOW! And not in a good way. Everything happens for a reason. 5 years from now you may look back and realize this was the biggest blessing you ever experienced. Change is frightening but if you have faith, pray vigalently, and know that everything will be ok.

As for swirlydoos, you can still participate in the forums and this is a great time to use up those un used kits while participating in the challenges even if u can't afford the new kits at this time.

{{hugs}} everything will be just fine…just breathe.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh my…. I'll be saying a prayer for you guys! Hoping that it all will work out, and your DH still can keep his job. (((HUGS)))

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

So sorry! I agree with Andie. I will pray for you!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Debbie I am so sorry. I agree with Andie and will keep you in my prayers

Sounds like they are trying to maybe soften the forthcoming blow. Ugh, that is definitely tough. 🙁

I hope that he can keep his position.

Snagg1
              Send PM

Wow that is really tough and adding insult to injury sending the notice in the mail. I know how you feel. In 2010 my DH made it through a couple of rounds of layoffs and was on the Powerpoint organizational chart for the new vision of the company. About a week later a team was brought in first thing in the moing to give everyone their packets and their severance checks and by 6pm that night the entire place was empty, sign down and it was as if the place never existed. Completely crazy. And the clincher–my DH had 19 yrs 10mos and his retirement package was 2 months away. So the whole point of sharing this–fast forward to the present–he collected unemployment for a couple of months, worked a couple of part-time jobs and now has afulltime job comparable to his original position before the elimination our Colorado presence. Things can be for the better even if we don't feel it at the time. I will send prayers out that that will be the case for you and your husband.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

That's a tough one, I will keep you guys in my prayers that things go well for your husband!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Debbie, such horrible news, I'm praying that things tu for the better (and I know they will) as soon as possible!!!

Hugs,

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Thank yall all so much. I know throughout our 27 years of marriage we have had several blessings in disguise. Its just really hard to see at the time. I'm one thats so resistant to change when it 1st starts. And this is the 3rd round of layoffs at our co Katyoparty also. After 2nd one last year, there weren't suppose to be anymore for at least couple of years he did find out last night it is definate. I just always try to stay posistive in front of my dh. My husband is very talented and if it weren't in our 50's wouldn't worry as much, but prayer is a powerful thing. Thank yall again.

crossing fingers and toes for you!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I wanted to do an update . By a miracle, answered prayers, the grace of God my husband is not being layed off. He was offered a new position in the last week of the layoff so we are blessed for now. Thank you for the thoughts, prayers and encouragement. It really meant a lot.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Debbie, Wonderful news !!! So happy for you and dh

Debbie, so happy for you and your dh!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Such wonderful news! I'm very happy for you both!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.