Home Forums Scrap Chat Product Reviews ScrapBox

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Does anyone have one and do you love it? Is it worth the significant cost or would I be better off piecing together craft room storage from Michaels, one 50% off coupon at a time?

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I have one. I used to really love it, but I have somewhat outgrown it. Other than I have way too much crap, I do think it's awesome. I keep mine open all the time, and the table set up.

I don't have a scrapbox but do have some of the Michaels Jetmax cubes. After buying them one or 2 at a time using coupons, I have decided that I really don't like them. Actually, I do like some of them, but not as many as I had in the configuration that I had them in. I have 16 of them, but after careful consideration and realization that I like scrapping in a U shape with surface to work and store things for easy access on either side of me, I have paired down my things and the need for storage. I only use 3 of them. The other 13 are sitting in my guest room waiting for a new home where they will be loved.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Wow Patti, I could use some of them. lol

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I think it just depends on how you want your supplies organized and what works for you. It's too bad you don't live closer, Maria. Then you could look at mine and how I have it organized.
          I only bought the scrapbox because there was a chance that we were going to move and rent an apartment while dh went to grad school and there would be no room for a scrap area.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I have cubes, too, and now I wish that I had spent the money on shelves. I do have a few of those from AC Moore; unfortunately they're now discontinued. The space isn't quite as high as the cubes, but I do like the extra width. Because of my height, everything is spread around rather than up.

I think it just depends on how you want your supplies organized and what works for you. It's too bad you don't live closer, Maria. Then you could look at mine and how I have it organized.
            I only bought the scrapbox because there was a chance that we were going to move and rent an apartment while dh went to grad school and there would be no room for a scrap area.

Do you have pictures? There is a 3 day crop coming up about an hour from me in May. You need to come play:)

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I don't have pictures, but I can take some. 🙂 Ijust purged a bunch of stuff, but it's sitting in piles right now. When I get it cleaned up, I'll take some.

I bought the michaels things for 50 off.I try and get one big thing a year at Christmas. The last two christmas they had them 50 off and then an extra 20 off that on black friday so I always run and get somthing to stick under the tree lol..

I re-did my scrap room earlier this year and chose to go wit hthe cubes. I love them! But there again, it depends on what works for you. It took me four years to decide on a system, and this works for me. I do have some other shelving and one large plastic multi-drawer unit that I kept as well, because they work well for me and my system.

My best suggestion would be to seriously think about how you scrap and how your organization style works. Mine is a mix that works well for me to find what I need easily, but it took me some tweaking after I got the room set up to really make it truly functional for me.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

It's true. I use other storage than the scrapbox. I have the floor model and regular Clip-it-Ups. I have three other tables to house my machines and just more space. I also have two of the cubes on a bookcase. That's what works for me right now with the space I have. It will probably change when we move out of this house. But one thing is for sure: the scrapbox will always be a part of it because if I started bitching about it or tried to get rid of it, I'm fairly certain dh would lop my head off because it cost a lot!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.