This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I've just been working on a card and I just can't seem to get the sentiment to work with my design. I've tried a few different sentiments but nothing seems to work. I'm not really sure that it's the sentiment that is wrong, it seems to be more like the design doesn't need a sentiment…does that even sound right. So my question is Do any of you make cards that don't have a sentiment on them?

Here's my card

[img:width=472&height=636]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1350611554_1061_FT0_laidies-diary.jpg[/img]

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Very pretty card Steph! I don't think you need a sentiment on every card, sometimes it's nice to have a blank one when you just want to send a note.

Ohhhhh what a super gorgeous card!!!!!!!!! love the layering, the color combo the fussy cutting, all so gorgeous!

Don't stress yourself Steph. You can write your sentiment on the inside. right?!
        I have lots of card without a sentiment.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Thanks for the help, I thought the same thing that you write it on the inside or just use it as a note card! 🙂

Steph, I sell my cards here in a local cafe in Ireland and they requested I do non- specific cards… They sell faster there… So most of my cards for sale don't have sentiments… When I have a specific occasion for a personal card that is the main time I add a sentiment!! Funnily enough I am working 3 cards with Lady's Diary without sentiments this moing!!

Love the layers and bling on your card, it is gorgeous without any sentiment on it!

Gorgeous card, Steph!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Steph, that card is stunning!!!!!
            I make a lot of blank cards that can be used at any time.
            (Check out the RR come Monday ;) )

I also make just the fronts. When I'm ready to use it, I set up my inner folded cardstock and write/stamp on the inside before attaching my front. This way, if I mess up, it's no big deal because all I've ruined is that one (replaceable) piece.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Well now I don't feel weird about not putting a sentiment on the card, thanks for all the compliments on my card ladies!

I think it's beautiful the way it is Steph…gorgeous card!

It's beautiful just the way it is and not every card needs a sentiment. In fact, most of my cards don't have one on the front.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Beautiful Card Steph!!!!!!!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Gorgeous card Steph – I love all the layers and your colours are so beautiful.

I very rarely put a sentiment on a card as I feel it doesn't always fit with the layers/embellishments I might be using. When my mother was alive she used to love having the cards I and the other members of the family made up through the year. She used to change them around a bit, and loved it when it when the card didn't say Happy Birthday!!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

I love your card and I also enjoy blank cards as well. I've sold many blank cards and I like being able to customize them for the occasion. You do beautiful work!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Thank you Katy!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.