Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges Sept SGC – Resist This ***WE HAVE A WINNER****

This topic contains 171 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 173 total)
  • Author

FIRST PAGE UPDATED********

Okay everyone time to vote, please PM me your top 3!

With all the LO's submitted. I believe everyone qualified for the xtra credit. Let me know if I missed something.

Thank you ladies for playing!

That’s right, try to resist this challenge! I know I have tons of stamps including the ones I get in my Faaabulous Swirly kit! But seriously, how many of us have taken the time to really play with them and do something else other than the basic stamping technique. My challenge for you this month is to incorporate a resist technique with emerging color and embossing powders on your LO’s in any which way you please. You can http://www.swirlydoos.com/sd_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?77757 to see a picture tutorial titled “Stamping Technique-Emerging Color” on our tutorial thread in the forum provided by the lovely LisaV (thanks girl, it rocks!).

The examples below will show you how I’ve used this resist technique on my LO’s. You can do this technique to create an entire background, a border, a layer, and anything else you can think of! Come on girls, lets have some fun and get down and dirty with these stamps, inks and embossing powders!!!!

TWIST**** I will be giving an extra credit point if you use a chippy in your LO’s. It doesn’t have to be DA, you can use chippy’s from TH, Kaisercraft or any other company. I just found that I have tons of DA in my stash and this will be a good reason for you ladies to use what you’re hoarding!

THE RULES

– Must be 60% or more Swirly Stuff
    – Layout must have at least one type of resist stamp technique anywhere on your page

– You may submit more than one layout

– Layout must be new for this challenge

– Please post here in the forum as well as in the Gallery. Title must include “Sept SGC Resist” under the SGC Challenges Album.

– Please have your layouts uploaded to the appropriate gallery by midnight MST Sept 30.

– Voting will begin Oct 1st thru Oct 6th and will be announced by Oct 7th. Please PM me your top 3 favorites and please do not vote for yourself, you will get a point for just voting.

– Winner gets an awesome RAK provided by ME..and this RAK is just what I called it…AWESOME! hehe

I’m hoping I included everything and if not, please let me know.

Below are two layout’s I created as examples:

This LO is a pic of my grandparents on my grandmothers 80th birthday party last year. In this LO I used the bird cage stamp from the Vintage Fae kit. I clear embossed the stamp we got in this month's kit called Script from Kaisercraft. The border directly undeeath the pic is not stamped, it's resist paper that was lightly misted only.
    [img:width=600&height=591]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1314844810_535_FT0_sd_pic_1_.jpg[/img]

This second example is a pic of my mother and my grandfather dancing together the day I got married. The papers I used in the LO are from the Moulin Rouge Kit. But, the resist technique used here are also stamps from the Vintage Fae Embellishment Kit, butterflies and dragonflies. I used a Tim Holtz stamp as the resist stamp and used clear embossing powder.
    [img:width=600&height=592]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1314844810_535_FT0_sd_pic_2_.jpg[/img]

BELOW ARE THE ENTRIES:

CHRISTY B*

[img:width=542&height=550]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1315944169_227_FT116676_stairs.jpg[/img]

CONNIE*

[img:width=416&height=404]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1316209490_793_FT116676_grandmagreat.jpg[/img]

JOYCE*

[img:width=600&height=596]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1316360873_439_FT116676_shes_all_that_final_.jpg[/img]

QT*

[img:width=489&height=480]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1316532732_431_FT116676_dsc_0068b.jpg[/img]

DEBBIE*

[img:width=600&height=606]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1316988566_45_FT116676_butterfly.picnik._.jpg[/img]

PEGGY*

[img:width=482&height=480]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317390054_36_FT116676_watching_the_flamingoes.jpg[/img]

Jackie*

[img:width=248&height=240]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317492495_876_FT116676_sgc_sept_2011_resist_this.jpg[/img]

LOVE LOVE the examples Erica!!!! Looks like fun to me!!! 🙂

What an awesome challenge and WOW Erica… those pages are sooo Beautiful!!!!!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What gorgeous pages! My first Swirly kit is in the mail (Love Games) and I hope to play along. Thanks for the interesting challenge and the beautiful motivation.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Love this challenge Erica!! Gorgeous examples! I can't wait to play!

Yay
        I love doing this and your samples are stunning.

Snagg1
          Send PM

Gorgeous examples Erica! You did an incredible job with the technique. Thank you so much for using one of my tuts! ;D

Snagg1
            Send PM

This looks like a fun challenge. Your examples are beautiful.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Love this challenge!!!!
              Gorgeous, gorgeous examples, too!!!!

Oh, Lil' Mimi! Your challenge is awesome, and your LO's make my heart happy! I love what you have done, and the challenge will be fun!!! Thanks, Girlie!

Sounds like fun! If I survive having all six of my grandkids here for all of next week, I'll be playing! LOL!!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Survive??? LOL!!! Cheryl, enjoy!!!!!

I'm glad you ladies are excited! I am too, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Yay!

I'm glad you ladies are excited! I am too, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Yay!

Hey Lil Sister….you're a Swirly Predator now….You're not a Vulture anymore!!! Yea!!!!!!

I know Big Mimi..someone else mentioned that to me a while back and Im just poking my butt to change it. Hmmm, maybe I'll do it right now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 173 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.