This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Time for a new color – challenge.

My inspiration came from this gorgeous Prima Notecard:

colors.jpg

And here's the card I made, using these colors.

60014.jpg

and here's how I did it:

1-23.jpg

I placed the notecard in front of me and selected the papers I wanted to use.

2-22.jpg

I cut a base card of 5.3/4 x 5.3/4 of white cardstock. Inked up the edges and then I took some
    gauze (sp) (we use this for keeping the bugs out) and placed it over my card.

3-22.jpg

Got some Gesso spread out, over it, using a palette knife.

4-22.jpg

it looked something like this.

5-20.jpg

close up of the texture it gave me.

6-21.jpg

Then I did (randomly) the same on this Prima packaging.

7-20.jpg

I distressed and inked up all the edges of my papers.

8-20.jpg

and started glueing them down.

9-20.jpg

till it looked like this.

10-16.jpg

I took out this Prima mask

11-19.jpg

placed it over my card, took some Gesso and a palette knife and smeared it over my mask.

12-18.jpg

This is how it came out. Not perfect, but okay!

13-18.jpg

I placed my flowers – leaves – washi tape – pearls and bird and rubbed all the edges of the distressed papers with platinum stickles. (using my finger)

60014.jpg

To finish it of, I swept some gesso over the telegram-card to highlight my sentiment spot. Then inked it up and wrote my sentiment, and I was done.

Here are some close up's

closeuprightside.jpg

rightbottom-1.jpg

topleft.jpg

************************************************************************************

So here are the rules:

Make a card or tag using:
    * the colors of the Prima note card
    *and do some masking/ stenciling.

easy peasy right?!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!!

Have fun!

Gorgeous card, Paulien!

Wow that is sooooooooooo gorgeous!!! Love it!!!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I love this card Paulien!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

gorgeous card Paulien!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

This is so beautiful: the colors, the masking and your wonderful design!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

LOVELY! I plan to try this!

Glad you guys like it. It is a fun way to use up your scraps.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Beautiful card, Paulien!!!!

Paulien, your card was so inspirational I went and made one yesterday but never took the pic and uploaded it till today! You might get tired of seeing my cards here after a while… I sell vintage style card at a local cafe and had a great week 2 weeks ago, selling 7 of my cards in one week…(this week only one lol!!) I had to restock about 10 cards and have been using some sketches and challenges to get me to try new things and stretch my imagination!!

I used ink with CW ledger stencil inthe background under the clock and CW clock stencil to gesso the clock on… Thanks for all the wonderful techniques you show here…I am just using the gesso in layouts and cards for the first time this week!

Here is my entry to this challenge…teal, brown and pink!!
              3737823_5_639871.jpg Color Card Challenge September **Swirlydoos** By Cathioneill

Beautiful card Paulien..And Cathi!! Your card is beautiful as well!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Paulien, your card was so inspirational I went and made one yesterday but never took the pic and uploaded it till today! You might get tired of seeing my cards here after a while… I sell vintage style card at a local cafe and had a great week 2 weeks ago, selling 7 of my cards in one week…(this week only one lol!!) I had to restock about 10 cards and have been using some sketches and challenges to get me to try new things and stretch my imagination!!

I used ink with CW ledger stencil inthe background under the clock and CW clock stencil to gesso the clock on… Thanks for all the wonderful techniques you show here…I am just using the gesso in layouts and cards for the first time this week!

Here is my entry to this challenge…teal, brown and pink!!
                3737823_5_639871.jpg Color Card Challenge September **Swirlydoos** By Cathioneill

Beautiful card!!! Love the gesso and that awesome image!!!!

Love it!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Cathi you've done a fabulous job on your card!

Cathi…. first…. We will never get tired of seeing your cards, because we all love cards!!!!
                  And this one…. is just totally Gorgeous!!!! Love the steniciling and that adorable image you used.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.