Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges September 2017 Card Challenge – The Men in Our Lives

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  anniescraps 6 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Peggy
    Peggy
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Welcome to the September Card Challenge!
      This month, the theme is “The Men in Our Lives”. We’ve all seen the cards for sale at the supermarkets and pharmacy, featuring scenes of fishing and hunting dogs. Pretty generic, right? Well, we Swirly Girls are anything BUT generic! Let’s take some of our scraps and odds and ends and create a few “guy” cards for a change!
      While the use of your Swirly stuff is encouraged (what a great way to use your leftovers!), it’s not a requirement; you may use whatever you have laying around. We only ask that you do not use materials from another kit club. And yes, you may enter as many times as you wish.
      The challenge will run from the 1st through the last day of the month.
      The winner each month with be chosen at random…..so even if you’re not an expert card maker you can still win. The winner with receive one of the cards that I have made for the month.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I’ve made a few cards to illustrate ways you can follow this month’s theme.

My first card features a few of the bits that were included in the “Sprocket” Embellishment Add-On, along with a few of the goodies that came in the Mediums Kit.

The second card certainly fits the phrase “quick and easy”. A bit of fussy cutting and a DIY chain was all it took!

Well, we can’t forget the little guys in our lives, can we? My grandsons’ love of dinosaurs gave me this idea for an incredibly fun and easy card.
        I can’t wait to see all of the gorgeous (and manly!) cards that you make this month!!!!

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Peggy Peggy.

msjan1
        msjan1
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

These are so cool, Peggy!

StephD
          StephD
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Great samples Peggy!

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

Peggy
            Peggy
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Thanks, ladies!!!!
              Looking forward to LOTS of manly cards this month!

Merrihew
              Merrihew
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Your cards are amazing, Peggy! I hope to find some time to play this month. We shall see! 😉

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Thanks, Cheryl!!! And I really hope you get a chance to play along; I know that this is going to be a beyond busy month for you…

anniescraps
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Here’s a little card I just finished up. I’m getting a head start this month!
                    I used scraps from the July 2017 “Sprocket” kit AND from the July 2016 “Moments Captured” kit. These papers worked beautifully together. I used some of the vintage trinket brads also from the Sprocket kit…but I did cut off the metal fastener part so I didn’t have the metal on the inside of the card.
                    Then I topped it off with those adorable owls from an old Cosmo Cricket rub-on pack I had in my stash.
                    You're a Hoot! Card

Peggy
                    Peggy
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

You're a Hoot! Card

Ann, this is absolutely fantastic!!!!!! love the paper choices and your owls are adorable!!!!

StephD
                      StephD
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Such a cute card Annie!

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

anniescraps
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Such a cute card Annie!

Thanks Steph!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.