Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges September *Creamsicle* Sketch Challenge

This topic contains 27 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    droopidog
    droopidog
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

We hope you will join us for the September sketch challenge! Our September sketch challenge runs until October 31st and is open to EVERYONE! Upload your layout into the Facebook Gallery September *Creamsicle* Sketch section of the Swirlydoos Gallery and you will be entered to win a fantastic prize pack from Swirlydoos!

Check this sketch challenge thread often to see what the designers and other members have created using this sketch for inspiration!

Here is the sketch:

Here is the DT inspiration:

Jan

Bec

Kim

Ginny

• This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by droopidog droopidog.

Kim
      My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

QT
      QT
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Gorgeous work DT!!

pala
        pala
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Gorgeous Pages Design Team!

Merrihew
          Merrihew
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I love this sketch and the DT LO’s are amazing, as always!

Merrihew
            Merrihew
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I actually got this finished at the retreat last weekend! I loved working with this beautiful sketch and gorgeous kit!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Merrihew Merrihew.
              StephD
              StephD
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Beautiful samples from the Design Team!

Cheryl your layout is beautiful!

GinnyH
                GinnyH
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Wow Cheryl this is gorgeous!! Love your flower cluster and the beautiful photo!!?

ginny 🙂

Peggy
                  Peggy
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Cheryl, this is beyond gorgeous!!!! I love the softness of your details and that incredible flower cluster!!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

msjan1
                    msjan1
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Beautiful page, Cheryl!

Bec
                      Bec
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I love love love this Cheryl!!! Your on fire this month 😀 The flower cluster is amazing and that is a gorgeous photo.

anniescraps
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

This sketch rocks!! Loving it!

Ladies, your LO’s are gorgeous! I’m looking forward to playing with this color theme.

Cheryl – Absolutely beautiful!

Peggy
                          Peggy
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

A few weeks ago, I drove up to Cape Cod to visit my brother and sister-in-law. This is happily becoming an annual thing, with several of my sisters driving in from Western New York to make it a family gathering.
                            We do spend a lot of time reminiscing and catching up and sampling some of Linda’s wine in the evenings.Our afternoons are pretty lazy, mostly visiting the beaches and (on Jean’s and my part) watching the others go kayaking. This year, Linda took Jean and me to Buddha and Beads, an incredibly eclectic store filled with yes, Buddhas, and a lot of antique and vintage things. I had a ball, finding earrings and stings of mother-of-pearl and cards of buttons.
                            The best part of this trip was meeting Keida, who just turned one and who is total puppy, full of kisses and needing hugs and thrown balls. As the weekend was over, she could sense that her new Aunties were leaving, first my sisters who had a much longer drive, and then me a short while later. I caught this image of Keida staring out the window as the first of the leaving was taking place.

The latest kit from Swirlydoos – Creamsicle, featuring Bo Bunny’s Bella Rosa collection – is full of end-of-summer colors and fun elements – perfect for scrapping the photos that I’ve taken during the past few months.
                            Of course, this would not be a Swirly Kit without a sketch by the marvelous Beggahuna; this is my take on it.
                            I’ve turned my main sheet – Whisper – on its side to create a pattern of flowers on the bottom. The “wheel” circle is fussy cut from the Elegant cut-apart sheet, the others were made with scraps from the Athena and Reflection papers. Also from the Athena sheet are the tags that I’ve tucked behind the photo. About those tags – I not only dug out my Crop-a-Dile; I dusted off my long-neglected eyelets and reinforced the holes before tying on some twine.
                            Now for the flowers. Some are from my stash, but those large ones are actually clip-on earrings from Buddha and Beads. One of the pair is damaged (I’m saving those pieces for another time) and the owner gave them to me for free. The damage worked out; I do like the way that the half flower goes down the side of my photo!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

msjan1
                            msjan1
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Cool page, Peggy. Love the layers, tags and the flowers.

The picture cracks me up!

StephD
                              StephD
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Oh my that photo is so cute and you’ve scrapped it beautifully!

Bec
                                Bec
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Gorgeous layout Peggy. So cool that you used broken earings as flowers!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.