This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

To add a bit of dimension to rather plain papers sewing is great.

For my sewing I like to use templates since it makes it easier to see what the result will be. This template is from Bazzill, but you can easily make your own on a piece of transparency.

I put the template on the paper and undeeath I put a thick soft mat.

1.jpg

Then I stick holes through the paper where my stitches will be.

2.jpg

A close-up. Here you see the created holes.

3.jpg

This is what it looks like when I have made all the sewing holes.

4.jpg

Time to make the actual stitching.

5-1.jpg

Here is the finished swirls.

6.jpg

And here is my layout using the November kits.

Joielevivre.jpg

Good luck!

Snagg1
      Send PM

awww, look at how cute! Sorry, babies first. LOL

A quick and easy tut! I love it and it looks great!!

Beautiful Camilla!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Snagg1
        Send PM

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful Baby.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

TFS Camilla. What a precious baby!!

LOVIN THE STICHIN!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Beautiful LO, and what a sweet picture! I'm trying to get into the habit of sewing on my LOs. Are there other stencils you particularly like? Do you always do your stitchwork first, or do you sometimes use it to fill in gaps? TFS!

Gorgeous LO, Camilla! I have some of those Bazzill templates and have never used them. Time to dig them out and play! Thanks for the tutorial!

Simple, easy to follow tutorial, I love it! I have all the supplies (Sew Eazy), templates and thread, but just haven't been able to figure out how to do it correctly. Now, I think I do.

What a darling page…. awesome stitching. Thanks for this tutorial Camilla!!!

Thanks for the tut…awesome LO!

Perfect alteative to those who don't machine sew!! Beautifully done Camilla!! Thank You for a wonderful tutorial!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Camilla, what an awesome tut!! And so simple to do also!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Adorable baby, awesome page!!!!!
                And thanks for sharing this tip!!!!

Beautiful LO, and what a sweet picture! I'm trying to get into the habit of sewing on my LOs. Are there other stencils you particularly like? Do you always do your stitchwork first, or do you sometimes use it to fill in gaps? TFS!

I find it easier to do the stitching first – I have way to many embellishments on my layouts to make them easy handling… LOL
                I have made my own stencils in the past. Using the Prima swirls as a model (printing) is great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.