Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges SGC – April 2016 – Spring Cleaning

This topic contains 91 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Peggy
    Peggy
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

April means Spring at last – time to open the windows and let in the fresh air, time to enjoy the longer days and time to dig into the closets and cupboards and shelves for some real cleaning.
      And it’s in that spirit that I offer this month’s SGC Challenge!

Let’s take some of the stuff that we automatically toss into the recycle bin and do some REAL recycling by using our Swirly Skills to turn trash into treasure.

This entry is open to all. You don’t have to use Swirlydoos items, but it will increase your chances of winning.

I’m going to award a randomly chosen winner $20.00 in the Swirlydoos Boutique at the end of the month. Here’s how it works:

1. Each entry receives one point.
      2. Each entry based on a Swirlydoos tutorial receives one point. In order to qualify, I’ll need a link to the You Tube video or print article on Snapguide or in the Forums.
      3. Each entry using Swirlydoos “ingredients” receives one point. Of course, the items used must be identified.
      4. I’ll enumerate the entries for purposes of choosing the random number as follows: The first entry is #1, if one of the twists is used, this will be #2, #3 if both are used. The next entry will be given the next number and so on.
      5. You can enter as often as you want; there is no limit on the number of entries. Of course, you must use a different piece of “trash” each time.

This challenge will be closed on April 30, 2016 at 11:59 EDT (Easter Daylight Time). On May 1, I’ll use Random.Org to select the winner.

I’ve come up with several example, each surprisingly quick and easy.

First up is a mini using toilet paper rolls. You can actually take advantage of the hollow centers and make a tag album and I’ve seen these made with actual binding. I found it much quicker and easier to glue the flattened rolls shut and punch holes for O-rings. The papers and flowers and a bit of lace trim is from the March kit; the bling and rosettes and wood hearts are from February.

I’ve used Rae’s Sunkissed Altered Bottles tutorial on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msbaa53_Hdk to an instant coffee jar and a couple of yards of seam binding into a vase that’s perfect for a Spring bouquet.

I’m looking forward to see the results of a lot of Swirly Spring Cleaning!!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

RAE
      RAE
      Swirly Moderator
        Send PM

Awesome, Pegs!

Peggy
        Peggy
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Thanks, Rae. Your tutorial actually gave me the idea <3

dllanclos
          dllanclos
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Oh my. I might feel up to playing around with this. Great idea Peggy.

Donna at Lazy Lucy

Bec
            Bec
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Oh wow Peggy, what a great idea. I LOVE your examples, especially the toilet roll album.
              I already have an idea to this one……

Andiepants04
              Andiepants04
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Great twist on the “spring cleaning theme Peggs!!! I’ve made so many TP albums. In going to have to put on my thinking cap and come up with something really different instead.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Andiepants04 Andiepants04.

"I'm so crafty I make people."

msjan1
                msjan1
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Love this idea. I’ve always wanted to make a TP album. Your vase is amazing!

pala
                  pala
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I am working this today…something I have been wanting to make for my DGD’s Room…oh boy!

Angelica
                    Angelica
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Wow Peggy!!!! Loooove your examples!!!

StephD
                      StephD
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Great challenge Peggy, I love the mini and your vase is amazing!

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

Peggy
                        Peggy
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Thanks, ladies!!!!
                          Barbara, I can’t wait to see what you’ve come up with!!!!

pala
                          pala
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Just wanted to show what I am recycling. It is one of those toy night lights that you put water in and when you turn it on the volcano erupts. The motor in it quit working, I was going to toss it out when I was re-decorating Ashley’s Room….then thought ummmm, this thing has possibilities! Still working on it, will post it soon…

Attachments:
                            You must be logged in to view attached files.
                            Merrihew
                            Merrihew
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Can’t wait to see it, Barbara!

Bec
                              Bec
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Ooohhhh very interesting Barabra, I can’t wait to see what you make with this.

I have a biscuit box that I’m going to upcycle, but I want to use the April kit so I’m just waiting for it to arrive

Peggy
                                Peggy
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Barbara, this is exactly what I’m talking about!!!!
                                  I cannot wait to see what you’ve done with your volcano!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.