Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges SGC-August 2012-"Back to School"

This topic contains 63 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Hello, Swirly girls! I have missed playing with you in the challenges and just chatting in the forums. But, I get to host this month's SGC. I hope you will participate in the challenge this month. August is always back-to-school month and I am tapping into that for our challenge. But, you can not scrap about your kids going back to school this time! No! You must scrap about yourself. I challenge you to scrap about something that you have accomplished/leaed this year or something that you would still like to accomplish/lea in the near future (and then go out and do it!). I hope you find this to be a personal challenge and as well as a scrap challenge.

For my example, I scrapped about my six year challenge to ea a Doctor of Pharmacy degree aka PharmD. After six years of going to school full-time and studying my butt off I am now a pharmacist in a new town almost 3 hours away from my old hometown. Every day is full of new experiences and I love it. So use that beautiful mind of yours and lea something new or share with us what you have already accomplished. I can't wait to see what you share!

Now, for the bonus twist. Take an old Swirly sketch and tu it, flip it, or twist it. Then use it as your motivation for your lo. Please share with us which sketch you used. Post your project here and in the appropriate gallery along with the title SGC-August 2012. As with past challenges, you must use at least 50% Swirly treasures and anyone can participate.

Have fun and challenge yourselves!

Now, here is my example. I tued Sketch #8 on it's side and scrapped about my PharmD.

[img:width=600&height=598]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1343835730_5_FT0_pharmd_.jpg[/img]

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Jan, you have be missed as well. Happy to hear things are going well for you.

This is a great challenge. Love your layout. Going to do my best to get this done.

I'm in…..So nice to have you back!!! This is so awesome!!!!

Dr. Jan…You are awesome!!!

lol! Thanks, Lisa! I have soooo missed you guys!

Wonderful LO, Jan! Good to see you and glad to hear things are going so well! Cool challenge! I will have to give this some thought and see what I can come up with.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

So good to have you back Dr. Jan !!!!!

JAN!!!! *glomp* SO happy to see you!! ;D

Jan that brick on your layout is fab!! I'm working on a brick background like that and would love to know how you did yours :o)

I think my template is wayyyy to big lol

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Jan that brick on your layout is fab!! I'm working on a brick background like that and would love to know how you did yours :o)

I think my template is wayyyy to big lol

That maybe from the prima stencil. They have one that has the outline of the bricks and one that has the bricks.

I just got my brick mask from the Crafters Workshop…Way to big. I cant find the Prima ones anywhere. Damn. I should get them when I find them….

Yes, I have both of the Prima stencils. I love the one that is the outline of the bricks-or the mortar. I used TH crackle paint this time. Usually I will use inks or glimmer mist so the paint was a new thing. Just glop the paint on, the more you glop the better it looks.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

So happy to have you back, Jan! AND, I love this challenge!

Lisa, thanks for letting us know about the CW mask- I was thinking about getting that one. I do have one of the brick ones from Prima, but I'd like to have both!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Yes, I have both of the Prima stencils. I love the one that is the outline of the bricks-or the mortar. I used TH crackle paint this time. Usually I will use inks or glimmer mist so the paint was a new thing. Just glop the paint on, the more you glop the better it looks.

Great idea Jan. Have to try this sometime.

I just got my brick mask from the Crafters Workshop…Way to big. I cant find the Prima ones anywhere. Damn. I should get them when I find them….

Lisa that is the one I just bought also! Wayyyy to big..thinking I should have gotten the 6 inch one instead of the 12 inch lol…..

Jan..did you use molding paste and then paint or just paint? I have both so I'm good to go. The one I'm working on is my blog. It is a picture of my daughter at her wedding they are against a brick background in the pic so a brick background on the lo would look sooooo good! At least I think it will and I just love yours!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.