Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges SGC – August – "Christmas in August"

This topic contains 73 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Bec Bec 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    lindapekrul
    lindapekrul
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Entries:

Ginny
       photo 13912564_10209167585402104_374814266607588599_n_zps89dck4oy.jpg

Peggy
       photo 13925903_10209182979325379_4954404645834772313_o_zpseyndgkf5.jpg

Barbara
       photo 13902573_1319025904796703_9136540121170376424_n_zpstt0qs6pi.jpg

Hi everyone!

I’m really happy to be hosting the SGC again this month! I’m setting it up early because I’m going to be out of town all weekend.

I don’t know about you, but ever since I saw G45’s new Christmas line that’s coming out… I’ve had Christmas on the brain!

photo 1-st-nicholas-500x500_zpsjyqileug.jpg

So……. it’s not Christmas in July…. it’s Christmas in AUGUST! Make something Christmassy! It can be a layout, a card, an altered item… if it has something about Christmas on it… it’s IN!

For extra points:

1) Make your own flowers.
      2) Use a paper (like the ones from this month’s kit *hint* *hint*) that ISN’T Christmas themed.
      3) Add some mixed media like stenciling or misting.

Post your projects in this thread, as well as in the Facebook album here.

This layout that I’m sharing as an example, is of my DIL and GD in December waiting for the birth of sweet little Greyson who arrived in January. I used Kaisercraft’s Enchanted Garden paper and inked holly leaves on it with a stencil, as well as stenciled circles with Viva Pearl Modeling Crème, to turn it into Christmas paper. Kaisercraft’s wooden holly flourishes were embossed with Stampendous Shabby Pink embossing enamel. I made the poinsettias with Tim Holtz Tattered Poinstettia Die and dry brushed them with gesso and Picket Fence distress stain, a little Diamond Stickles were added for glitter.

photo 008ab_zpspktwkufr.jpg

Happy crafting everyone!

• This topic was modified 11 months ago by lindapekrul lindapekrul.
      • This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by lindapekrul lindapekrul.
      • This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by lindapekrul lindapekrul.
      pala
      pala
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Your page is Breath Taking Linda…Gorgeous! Fun Challenge, with our 110 temp today I long for Christmas!

Kathi
        Kathi
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Stunning page Linda!

take time to smell the roses

Merrihew
          Merrihew
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Gorgeous LO, Linda! I love your poinsettias and what a beautiful photo!

anniescraps
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Beautiful LO, I love the soft pastels and all of the punches. Never thought of doing a Christmassy project using the softer colors but this makes me want to!

GinnyH
              GinnyH
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

This is a stunning layout Linda! Love your Poinsettia flowers and the soft colours are gorgeous! Looking forward to doing this!

ginny 🙂

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Great challenge, Linda, and what a gorgeous example!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Bec
                  Bec
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Great challenge Linda and your example is super beautiful with those soft colours.

I just picked up a new xmas collection by Kaisercraft from the store i design for so I’m already ready for this challenge.

I’m not really a Christmas person but this year I’m willing it to get here as quick as it can as I have my little baby boy due on December 20th

Kimberly
                    Kimberly
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

It is gorgeous Linda!! I love the soft colors and the layers!

Kimberly
                      Kimberly
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I have to agree. The G45 St. Nicholas collection is on my wish list.

pala
                        pala
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Merry Christmas in August!!!

I am making my Poinsettia today…using my Prima Paper Clay…Fun stuff!!!

Merrihew
                          Merrihew
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Oooooo! Can’t wait to see it Barbara!

anniescraps
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

I have a question… do you mean July’s or the August kit when you say…

For extra points:
                              2) Use a paper (like the ones from this month’s kit *hint* *hint*) that ISN’T Christmas themed.

pala
                              pala
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Annie, I think Linda meant we can use any paper that isn’t normally used for Christmas…Right Linda?

lindapekrul
                                lindapekrul
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Yes, that’s right Barbara. Annie, you can use any paper you like, but if you use paper that isn’t Christmassy and turn it into a Christmas paper with mixed media, embellishments,etc, you will get a bonus point.

I’m going to try and stay on this challenge as much as I can this month, but my son’s family just fell apart this week and there is a lot of craziness going on. I’m very, very concerned for my 3 little grandchildren who I babysit often and who’ve been dragged from their home by their mother (who I babysat lots for because taking care of them overwhelmed her.) My husband, son and I, are trying to get them back into their familiar environment and keep the older two in their same school come fall, so you can imagine my world is turned upside down right now. Through the fact that they are on the verge of bankruptcy in, and you can see that the stress levels are through the roof!

So I will do the best I can to be here and maybe get some projects done and added as examples… but no promises! I would be so grateful if you would send a prayer for my son and his family.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.