Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges SGC August – Misting, Masking & Gesso **** WINNER ****

This topic contains 280 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 282 total)
  • Author

This is My first time doing this soooo hang on for the ride!! LOL

The way this challenge started for me (before I even knew I would be doing a challenge) was while I was working on the black and white challenge. I was surfing around the net and came across a AWESOME tute on you tube.. What is even more crazy it was by one of our DT members!! None other than our very talented Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious! Well, I fell in love with this and knew I had to give it a try..
    Here is the link and you will understand why [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snoaTCSQOr4[/url]

Now for the challenge rules..
    1. mists 1 vote
    2. gesso 1 vote
    3. masking.. see ***twist*** 2 votes if you do this part
    4. Must use 50% Swirlydoos.

Being as this is my first time doing this I really want everybody happy and having fun so I changed the rules.. The requirements is totally your choice on how many votes you want before the voting even starts! This is the only way I could think to keep everything fair with the ones already playing and have put in there work. Have fun everybody! 🙂

Now for the ***twist***
    I didn't have but one mask to my name and it is one that came in one of our kits. It was a compass.. So I had to make my own mask! Yep you will need to come up with your very own mask. How did I do it you ask? Well I used my Cricut and cut out a design on transparency. Then used sand paper (fine grit) and then covered the entire piece with 2 way glue I used Zig. Wait for the glue to dry before trying to use. It works like a charm. You can even do this with your cricut mats after the glue won't stick no more (I saw this on you tube as well). That is what gave me the idea about the mask. You don't have to use this idea if you can come up with another come one we want to know!

Submit your l/o's in this thread and post them in the Gallery under SGC Challenges (make sure you identify the challenge as SGC MM&G.

Here is my LO that I did with the insparation that Irene gave me!

All entrys must be in by the last Day in August the 31st. Voting will start on the 1st of September (please PM me your choice) they will be at that time on the main page of this thread and the winner will be announced on Sunday the 4th after 6:00pm Central time. That will give me time to count them up. The prize will either be a RAK from me or something from the Swirlydoo store. Not sure yet which way I will go.. But there will be something!! LOL

Now come on girls lets get Dirty (with mist and gesso that is) heehe!! Music to help get ya started! here

Lisa G. Inspiration LO

[img:width=600&height=602]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1314118072_55_FT109898_so_ver_sweet_sm_.jpg[/img]

1. Debbie's 1st entry ****

[img:width=600&height=579]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1312427151_45_FT109898_pic_for_sd_august_challenge.picnik_.jpg[/img]

2. Debbie's 2nd entry ****

[img:width=600&height=577]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1312687784_45_FT109898_final_good-bye.picnik_.jpg[/img]

3. Maggi ****

normal_Spirit~0.jpg

4. Manda ***

normal_IMG071.jpg

5. Helga **

Storytime.jpg

6. Joellie ****

7. Meg ***

Unitedinlove.jpg

8. Peggy ****

9. Robin **

10. Joyce ****

[img:width=600&height=588]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1313862130_439_FT109898_she_dressed_herself_2_.jpg[/img]

11. Cheryl ****

[img:width=600&height=593]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1314138986_17_FT109898_sgc_misting_masking_and_gesso_.jpg[/img]

12. Connie ****

13. Jen ****

Snagg1
      Send PM

Amazing page!!! What a fund challenge Tammy. 🙂

really cool challenge. Dang I need Gesso! lol

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Sounds really fun!!! And Gorgeous example!!!

Actually, Tammy gave me a great ideal for a page I'm working on. Can you use anything but gesso for the resist? I know we can't in the challenge, but for something else I'm working on.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Oh, Tammy, how cool is this!! My wheels are starting to chu, thanks so much for coming up with this fantastic challenge!!!!

Actually, Tammy gave me a great ideal for a page I'm working on. Can you use anything but gesso for the resist? I know we can't in the challenge, but for something else I'm working on.

I know that crayola's make a resist. They just don't add texture like the gesso does. Actually you can get gesso at walley world and it really isn't that expensive and a little goes a long way..

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thanks for the link to Irene's tut! That is so cool. I've been wanting to try gesso for awhile now. I hope I will get the challenge done this time. I was so keen to do Joyce's and Robin's and the time went by too fast on me! I could't listen to your inspiring music because it was blocked saying it couldn't be played in Canada! 🙁 . This is a great challenge and I love your LO.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Barbara, I gave you a couple of links in the Ask the Designers forum.

I am ALL OVER this one!!! I have an idea for masking and the gesso!! Thanks for a great challenge Tammy!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Awesome challenge, Tammy! This is a cool technique.

This is an exciting challenge Tammy. Thanks for coming up with it…gotta look through my cricut cartridges and see what I can come up with.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Awesome challenge Tammy!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! I thought it was really fun to do… ;) Can't wait to see what Rae is coming up with too! I really like playing along on these. Keeps my mojo going!

Tammy, I'm confused about what you did with the sand paper. Do you mean that you sanded the transparency paper and then applied the glue on top of that? Do you do this to make your mask stick to your cardstock so that you can spray on top of that without the mask moving around? I usually use an adhesive spray on my masks and cricut mat, but am open to better ideas.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 282 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.