Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges SGC – February 2016 – Love Yourself!

This topic contains 76 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    lindapekrul
    lindapekrul
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I finished up my inspiration piece for this challenge over the weekend… a very happy moment for me, as I welcomed my new daughter-in-law into our family this summer! I don’t like scrapping photos of myself, so I was practicing “self love” by scrapping this one!

photo watermark_zpswcig5uq7.jpg

I’m sharing the LOVE with a little RAK for the winner of this challenge…. I just got my hands on some pretty, pretty “Tales of You and Me” goodies!!

In spite of my “wordiness” below, this challenge is really quite simple… make anything you desire: a layout, a card, an altered item, a journal page, a canvas…. If you can dream it… it can be in this challenge… and it just needs to make you HAPPY! 🙂

photo PicMonkey Collage_zpskzdocszl.jpg

February is the month of LOVE.

photo Picture1_zpsvf7nglmi.png

However, to focus on Love in a different way, MY challenge is going to be about SELF LOVE.

photo Picture2_zpsz8yjkp9o.png

The projects for this challenge can be anything you desire: a layout, a card, an altered item, a journal page, a canvas…. If you can dream it… it can be in this challenge.

The focus of your project needs to be on loving yourself. Show us something that makes your heart happy, that you’re grateful for, a goal you want to achieve, a strength of yours, friends or family that make your life better, take time this month to DO something special for yourself… and share it with us, share how you like to spend your quiet times, show us one of your best qualities or achievements, share the spaces that you go to when you want to feel happy (and if you don’t have one CREATE one for yourself). .. These are just some suggestions, feel free to expand on this theme in whatever feels right to you!

When you focus on things like this you are practicing self love, and when you are able to love yourself , you will be more satisfied with your life, you will be much happier, and you will also be more resilient when life throws some bombs at you.

Through out this month I am going to post quotes and things that I hope will help you to practise Self Love. Please feel free to share if you find something that you would like to post!

I’d also like to extend an invitation to any “lurkers” out there… you may be following along in the forums, but are too afraid to post your work… take a deep breath of courage and DO IT! What better way to show yourself love, than to set yourself a challenging goal… and conquer it!!

So get creative and express yourself in whatever way you like, and make sure you leave your inner critic at the door. There are no right ways to be creative!!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by lindapekrul lindapekrul.
      talkis
      talkis
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Amazing challenge i think i go in my room for create lol

Peggy
        Peggy
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Well, Linda, you’ve really given us a chance to THINK and I love it!!!!!
          Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm……….
          Let’s see where this takes me!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Merrihew
          Merrihew
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Awesome challenge, Linda! I have a few thoughts forming!

droopidog
            droopidog
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Hmmmm….the wheels are turning.

Kim
              My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
              http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

msjan1
              msjan1
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Wonderful!

pala
                pala
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

You Awesome Lady You!

Bec
                  Bec
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Awesome challenge Linda. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

lindapekrul
                    lindapekrul
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I’m hoping to start to work on a layout for inspiration today! It’s always exciting to start a new project!! So today I am grateful for the beautiful kits that Krissy puts together for us to work with… they always put a smile on my face when I dive into them!!

photo 860787189-artful-s-quotes-today_zpscmugtpuo.jpg

Angelica
                      Angelica
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Wow, Linda, this is deep!! Gets me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it! ♥

msjan1
                        msjan1
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I have a quote in mind that I may use.

StephD
                          StephD
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Sounds like a great challenge Linda.

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

lindapekrul
                            lindapekrul
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

photo Gratitude-is-the-hearts-memory-a-French-proverb1_zpsm5nawndt.jpg

Bec
                              Bec
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

I love these quotes Linda, very inspirational. I can’t wait to see your layout

pala
                                pala
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

I Love them too Linda…We would have a peaceful World if everyone was a Scrapbook Artist!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.