Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges SGC July – Budget Blooms We have a ***WINNER***

This topic contains 147 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 149 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Hey everyone! I am filling in for Meg this month.

I love flowers, all kinds of flowers. I posted a question last week on SQOTW about which flowers you like the best. Most of you said Prima. Well I love Prima too, as well as Petaloo, KaiserKraft, Bazzill… all of them!! BUT, I also love flowers from other places. Like Michaels, JoAnns, Hobby Lobby, just about anywhere!! I have even robbed my own flower arrangements for a layout!!

So this challenge is to find and use flowers that are NOT traditional usual scrapbook sold packaged flowers! NO Prima and Petaloo here!! You will be suprised at the values you can find at the craft stores. Most of the time they are are on sale. You really get a lot of blooms on a stalk for just a few bucks, and for as many flowers as you typically use on a layout, they can stretch a long way!!

Rules:

— NO Prima, Petaloo etc. ONLY flowers you found somewhere else!!
      —You can ONLY use papers from Swirlydoos.
      —You can enter as many layouts as you like fitting the criteria
      — Please upload on this thread as well as in the gallery
      —When you upload to the gallery, put SGC Budget Blooms in the title.
      —You have until July 31 to complete your layout (s). Voting will begin Aug 1.
      —The prize is a GC from the Swirly store… there's lots of brand new CHA goodies coming!! he he he!!!

***Twist***

You will get an extra vote is you use up some of your ever growing stash of Dusty Attic!

Here is my example, On this layout I used flowers I found at Hobby Lobby.

Thanks everyone! Now go shopping!!!!

[img:width=600&height=606]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1309791247_66_FT0_first_kiss_013_.jpg[/img]

LAYOUTS;

1. Cheryl ***twist***

[img:width=600&height=596]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1311031569_17_FT104219_july_sgc_2011_.jpg[/img]
      ]

[/quote][/url]

[/quote]

3. Tammy ***twist***

[/quote]

4. Peggy ***twist***

[/quote]

5. QT

[/quote]

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

You're right! I need to get using the DA. That frame is just gorgeous and to think I just have it filed away right now. lol. I love how you've done the background with all the doilies. It gives it such a sweet romantic look!

Sounds really cool Robin!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

What an awesome challenge Robin!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Love this challenge! What a fabulous idea, Robin! And, your layout is soooooooo awesome!
            I was just in Michaels yesterday (sneaking in buying a MS punch! SHHHHHHH!) and I saw some really pretty little white flowers while I was in line, and I wanted to buy them, but I couldn't sneak them in because they wouldn't fit in my purse! I don't normally sneak a purchase, but I already bought a punch this week, and I really wanted this one and I had the cash.

wow -= thanks for filling in at the last min.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Great challenge Robin!!! Love your example LO too, DA looks awesome!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Thank you Robin for the great challenge idea. I love walking down M's flower isle. This is going to be a fun challenge.

What a great challenge Robin! And your LO is so pretty..that pic is adorable!

Beautiful lo and great challenge!

Snagg1
                Send PM

Fun challenge Robin and that is a gorgeous page you did. I love the way you shaded the resist paper.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

fun 🙂 and that layout is gorgeous!!!!!!!!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

@ Robin:
                    Thanks for filling in; this one is awesome, as is your gorgeous example!!!!!

Question: Is it okay if we use homemade leaves (for example, HC stamped cardstock?)

Great idea!

My follow up is today, I hope to go back to work Mon….maybe I can scrap a bit this weekend. 🙂

what an awesome challege and wow Robin… I love that sample page!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.