Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Prayer Requests Sharing my thoughts about my "Feather Baby"

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I had to euthanize my beautiful Cockatiel Bud this week, and I just wanted to take a minute to joual about him and remember him.

My son came home from school one day with this bird in a cage, from a friend who didn't want it anymore. I thought Oh great …. something else to take care of … a cage that's going to need cleaning… and what kind of a pet is a bird anyway?

Little did I know that over the next 16 years I was going to discover that a bird is a wonderful pet. They are very intelligent, love to talk to you, and most wonderfully of all …. love to sing. He sang me through many ups and downs, trials and tribulations, and was always there swinging on his swing, playing with his little bell that he loved, and chirping away to one and all. The house is awfully quiet now without him.

One thing I didn't like though, was seeing him in a cage. He got out on us a couple of times, and when he flew he had beautiul, big wings with white tips, and I always felt sad that he wasn't able to fly and be free as birds should be. So that is what I comfort myself with now, I see him flying around heaven, and stretching those wings for the sun to glisten off, and chortling away to himself Pretty bird, pretty bird. (Those were the two words he always delighted in saying to to us, over and over, as he danced back and forth on his perch.)

I'm grateful I was able to give him the gift of euthanasia, as he sickened very quickly and was in terrible pain. They wrapped him in a fleece blanket, and gave him to me to rock and cuddle, as he gently closed his eyes and slipped away. I miss him so much, but my heart is at peace as I watch the wild birds soaring in the sky and know he is soaring now too.

[img:width=400&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1361035281_550_FT0_cockatiel.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
        Send PM

Oh Linda I am sorry you have lost your feathered friend but so happy to hear you have such wonderful memories and visualization that he is free now. Peace.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Thanks so much Patty.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Linda, I know your pain…I had one also and his name was Bud!!! I still miss him and it has been 10 years since he died…made me cry to read your story…so sorry…
            Barbara

awww Linda…. I'm so sorry for the loss of your feathered friend. (((HUGS)))

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

So sorry Linda that you had to have your feathered friend put down but that's a wonderful thought to think of him flying in heaven.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Linda i am typing this with tears in my eyes, i am so sorry for your loss but what a wonderful tribute you wrote about him

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

{{{HUGS}}}, Linda, I am so very sorry to read this…

Snagg1
                    Send PM

So Sorry Linda.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I'm sorry Linda. I know it's so hard. But you did the right thing for him. {Hug}

So sorry for your loss.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Oh Linda…Im in tears honey. I'm so sorry for the loss of your feathery sweetheart. Big hugs to you tonight. Thinking of you.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

So sorry, Linda!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

So Sorry Linda, for I am in tears as I type this…. Glad you are finding comfort in him being free now…. Hugs to you

awww Linda that is so so sad. Our pets become members of our family and I know you are feeling this loss. sending you hugs!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.