This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I just leaed how to make my own faux Shimmerz paints.
    Get a bottle of Folk Art Metallic White paint from HL….mix it with your favorite color of GM or reinker. I guess you could use anything to color the white the desired color that you need. Mix well, and store in little pots. I got the Metallic green for my leaves. It worked great!!!! I'm posting a LO that I just finished that is ENTIRELY out of my comfort zone….I had so much fun to just start layering this and that and the kitchen sink! LOL!
    Necessity is the mother of invention…..and I needed some Shimmerz paint TODAY!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Oh Debbie, I can't wait to see it..

You must have been like the mad scientist in your kitchen . Wish I'd been there. What fun

Deb!! That is awesome!!! And you should step out of your comfort zone more often! Your LO is beautiful!

That is cool Debbie. What reinker did you use? I'd like to give it a try. I can't imagine using the GM in the white metallic paint would render a deep saturated color, but the reinker may just be the trick, and I'm interested in a darker hue for something I'm working on.

That is cool Debbie. What reinker did you use? I'd like to give it a try. I can't imagine using the GM in the white metallic paint would render a deep saturated color, but the reinker may just be the trick, and I'm interested in a darker hue for something I'm working on.

I used Stampin' Up reinkers. I got a set of colors that I want to try. For my leaves, I bought Folk Art Metallic Peridot….it was so very pretty. I haven't used any really dark colors yet, but I'll bet Timmy's reinkers would give you a dark color???

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Debbie, thanks for such a great idea!!!
        ***Awesome LO, btw!!!! I'll be playing gallery catchup tomorrow…

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Oh, thanks Debbie!! I'm going to try that!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

thanks debbie!

brilliant!!!

[quote]

I used Stampin' Up reinkers. I got a set of colors that I want to try. For my leaves, I bought Folk Art Metallic Peridot….it was so very pretty. I haven't used any really dark colors yet, but I'll bet Timmy's reinkers would give you a dark color???
            [/quote]

Thank you Debbie. I'm going to give it a try.

You're very welcome everyone! Glad I had an idea to pass along to everybody! :p

OK debbie where is your lo posted?

OK debbie where is your lo posted?

Kathy….it's in the Gallery in the Challenge area….right by the Butterfly Challenge….I had a hard time finding the right place. It's also in the Challenge forum under the distress, gesso, mask Challenge.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.