Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Silhouette and Cricuit working together….

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I figured it out and I'm not breaking any copyright laws! I can pay for the images that I want from Silhouette and cut them out on my Cricut. (I own a Silhouette, but I never use it anymore since it's an 8X11 model.) Anyone can buy the images from Silhouette, but you have to have the old Make the Cut. If you are interested, let me know and I'll give you a tut on how to do it too!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Oh goodness Debbie, you're way above my head! I have a Cricut, but no Make the Cut (I'm guessing it's software). This sounds very technologically advanced, but I am a bit intrigued…

Since I got my Silhouette I have not used my cricut. And I just got a really good deal on the Cameo so I will be getting a 12×12 Silhouette that cuts true 12×12! I'm so excited. I'm curious how you are cutting the images from the Silhouette store though. Unless it's the same as how you get images from design studio without owning the cartridge? Screen shots?

Since I got my Silhouette I have not used my cricut. And I just got a really good deal on the Cameo so I will be getting a 12×12 Silhouette that cuts true 12×12! I'm so excited. I'm curious how you are cutting the images from the Silhouette store though. Unless it's the same as how you get images from design studio without owning the cartridge? Screen shots?

No screen shots allowed anymore. I purchase the design and place it on the cutting screen of Silhouette. Then, I print the design off on my printer after I make it a black line. Next, you scan the design and send it to Inkscape where you trace it. It makes an SVG file that you can cut with Make the Cut…the old version. I never upgraded my MTC after the lawsuit scare. It took me a long time to figure out how to cut all my files with my Cricut before they invented the 12X12 Silhouette. Now….I guess I should just buy the daed new Cameo and not go through all this torture….but I do love thinking that I figured out something that I couldn't do before.

Oh goodness Debbie, you're way above my head! I have a Cricut, but no Make the Cut (I'm guessing it's software). This sounds very technologically advanced, but I am a bit intrigued…

Oh, you can do it if I can! You just have to have the old Make the Cut software and Inkscape on your computer. It might be easier just to buy the new Cameo that cuts 12X12 now. I figured all this out when the Silhouette just cut an 8.5 X 11….back in the dark ages.

[quote]

No screen shots allowed anymore. I purchase the design and place it on the cutting screen of Silhouette. Then, I print the design off on my printer after I make it a black line. Next, you scan the design and send it to Inkscape where you trace it. It makes an SVG file that you can cut with Make the Cut…the old version. I never upgraded my MTC after the lawsuit scare. It took me a long time to figure out how to cut all my files with my Cricut before they invented the 12X12 Silhouette. Now….I guess I should just buy the daed new Cameo and not go through all this torture….but I do love thinking that I figured out something that I couldn't do before.
      [/quote]

I applaud you! That is a great way but I know me, I'm too lazy and have way too many designs now to take the time. Besides the fact I love how the Silhouette cuts — so much smoother than the cricut and it will actually cut circles round! hahaha. The only reason I'm even keeping my cricut is because I do like a lot of the images that I already own on the carts. I do not plan on buying anymore provo craft stuff though. ;D

[quote]
      [quote]

[/quote]

I applaud you! That is a great way but I know me, I'm too lazy and have way too many designs now to take the time. Besides the fact I love how the Silhouette cuts — so much smoother than the cricut and it will actually cut circles round! hahaha. The only reason I'm even keeping my cricut is because I do like a lot of the images that I already own on the carts. I do not plan on buying anymore provo craft stuff though. ;D
      [/quote]

I just looked up the price of the Cameo. Not in my budget right now. Guess I'll just keep using Southe Engineering to get my designs.

I got it on line on sale for $269 plus 20% off and it came to $214.99 – was lucky we had the money this trip but that is also my only Christmas gift ;D

what site, Diana? that's a killer deal that i could work into my budget!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Even though I have the silhouette sd, I put the cameo on my Christmas list. There is a box big enough to be the cameo under the tree right now with my name on it. The suspense is killing me.

what site, Diana? that's a killer deal that i could work into my budget!

Sent you a message back on facebook ;) Hope you get one!

Another great cutting machine is the ecuts from Sizzix. Rated really high but I haven't used it yet.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.